Monday, February 1, 2016

Love Your Cooch (Just read this!)

Guess how I am starting my February and my week?

Pap smear:
Very true guys who stumbled upon this post.  If your girl doesn't know what this is then she might be dirty and not the dirty you are so incredibly excited about.

With my legs in the stirrups.  

I cannot tell you (every year) how vital it is for you to get your lady parts checked.  Cervical Cancer is no joke and does not care who you are.  Ovarian - same thing. Breast, well ditto.

These evil bitches are out to wreck you.  Do your part!  Go see your Internist, Family Doctor, or gynecologist!  Make the appointment - it isn't hard.  Go to the appointment - it is super easy!  All you do is get naked and give them thirty seconds to check you out.  It doesn't hurt (it is just a little awkward, until you have kids and you're like - yep here's my hoo hah...again....yee haw!) and it is such an easy way to save your life.

OK, so your doctor called and said you had an abnormal result. WTF does that mean? | 11 Things Everyone With A Vagina Needs To Know About Pap Smears:
Those are some very important parts.  They can make life and they can take life.  Keep them happy and healthy.

It is really difficult for me to wrap my mind around thirty-something women who have never had this female physical completed.  So here's the deal if you haven't because you are afraid then stop being a pussy. Yes, that was a pun!  If I live close to you I'll hold your hand through the process.  You have to get this done.  No one is going to take care of your health for you.

UnityPoint Clinic has everything you need to know about Pap smears and why it is important to get one!:

And to let you know....

Last year I had my annual feel up and a couple days later (on a Friday) they called and left a message that they had to speak with me.  I fell apart.  We're women, we're wired to think the worst possible outcome, right?  I cried, prayed, cried, prayed, felt so incredibly weak and small.

Then a fabulous Pharmacy Tech who lives nearby gave me a ring to say I had an Rx to pick up.

My pap came back positive for a freakin' yeast infection.

The moral of the story is this -

Most of us will never have bad news but we still need to be checked each year to make sure we're in good health.  And not operating an organic brewery.

Love ya or I wouldn't have posted this.

xoxoxox









1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, this post caught my attention!! I hate going to the women's doctor! Yucky!! It's such a necessary evil tho.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!