Wednesday, February 24, 2016

WUW: February 24th 2016




What we're eating...
Click here for that!  I post it every Sunday.
Let it be known we are killing some strawberries and blueberries around this house right now.  I don't think they are technically "in season" but they are staying on sale and well...yeah!
Let it also be known my appetite for "healthy" food has vanished and really all I want is chocolate.  Wait, if I don't want chocolate I do want a spinach salad so maybe my healthy tooth is still around!

What I'm reminiscing about...
They were so tiny!!!


Lately my husband and I have been thinking we're old.  I know, I know we aren't old but this year I'll be 35 and I keep thinking where the hell did my twenties go?  Let alone where did my early 30's go.  We may have also been looking at pictures of our kids when they were babies and going wait what?  So lately I have been reminiscing about the last decade of my life.  Wow, it is on rocket fuel.

What I'm loving...

The color of the year here is orange...it isn't quite so mac and cheesey in real life!

My big babies - that pose she is rocking looks painful LOL!

My husband doing what he loves the most...clearing out stuff with the tractor!

Quite simply the fact that we have had some "pre-spring goodness" around here!  Last week I was in shorts and a tshirt while working!  Over the weekend we were outside doing yard work, tree work, deck work, paint work, etc.  We grilled out TWICE.  Yes, I am eating up the fact that winter has just about worn out it's welcome and is going to switch over to spring in a few weeks!

What we've been up to...
I think I answered that in the last one!  We did make a Spring Bucket List.  No it isn't what you're thinking - it is more tasks we want to complete between March and June.  I will have it up in a post at some point this week or next!

What I'm dreading...
How do I answer this?  Well, as you know I clean houses to make some extra cabbage for the family.  But this week I may get asked to do something I really love for a few months.  The catch is I don't know if I can accept without damaging my side hustle.  So I guess if you pray - add me to your list.

What I'm working on...
This house.  More information coming soon!

What I'm excited about...
Where do I begin?  I'm excited about spring, Easter, trips, sunshine, daylight savings time, projects...a whole lot!  Of course I'll leave it all vague for now because that is how I roll.

What I'm watching...

Dammit Mary, you old mean hag!
Anyone else sad that Downton Abbey is winding down?  Yeah, I'm mortified at living in a world with no new Downton's.
I'm also still watching Younger!
A few weeks ago Katie mentioned Teachers - I had to check it out - and I loved it!

Over Valentine's the hubs and I watched Hail, Caesar - do not waste your money or time.  It was terrible.  We watched The Revenant and it was good - from a girl who doesn't really like gruesome anything it was good.

What I'm reading...
DC Trip by Sarah Benincasa
A teacher shares her story of being a teacher chaperone for a 10th grade DC trip.  She's sharing her tale with a new teacher before she embarks on her first chaperoning trip.  So far it has had me smiling and laughing a little!

What I'm listening to...



You expect me to say Bieber and I say, duh.  But lately I have been working out to some old school pop and by old school I mean the stuff that was playing my jr and sr year of high school and the early years of college.  Think back to when Britney ruled the airwaves and that Justin Timberlake kid was just part of a boy band.  I forgot how much I love Pink too.  That stuff can get me pushing it a little harder in my workouts.

What I'm wearing...
Nothing worth sharing.  Generally shorts and a tshirt or work out clothes.  I promise at some point I'll make one of those posts that are so popular about what I wear and I'll shock everyone LOL!

What I'm doing this weekend...
Probably something but I'm not sure what!  I know it is supposed to be cold again so I may be crying?!?!

What I'm looking forward to next month...

Look at us!  9 years ago!

Darn it I answered this in what I'm excited about.  I think everything I listed was for March!!!  I can say on March 10th I will celebrate my 9th wedding anniversary and I'm super happy about that.  In case you didn't know I have the best husband ever.

What else is new....

My baby girl and I this past weekend :)

Little Man and I this past weekend!

Oh nothing much just working out like crazy and feeling great.  I haven't lost what I wanted to this month but that is because of my chocolate addiction. I did drop 5lbs and that means I'm eleven away from my goal.  I'm hoping to nix those pesky pounds in March.
I tried to Kon Mari method of de-cluttering.  At first I was so biased but it has led me to a blog post about it coming up in a few weeks.
With my calendar changing up my blog posts are going to be limited to 3-4 times a week instead of 7.  I'm kind of looking forward to that but also a little saddened by it.
My son is potty trained!  Except for night time when he still needs a pull up.
My daughter got a horse and a guitar last weekend.  Do you see rhinestones, big hair, and suede too???

















7 comments:

  1. Precious precious family! And you to look like babies nine years ago! Girl, I got 10 years on you and wait until you start saying where did my 40s go? But I will say life does get better and better. So much to look forward to ;-) you know I'm an old-school pop girl too, just love those jams!! Hope your Wednesday is as wonderful as you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I heart you so much! You know I believe what you say that it gets better and better (life) I already see it! Thanks for coming by and have a terrific day! xo Amanda

      Delete
  2. ugh i could not get into downtown abbey for some reason. ill need to try again i feel like. were voting on our new book club book on my blog and i'd love for you to come vote and read with us next month! so glad i found you through the linkup! hope you'll stop by mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad we connected and now I know your new blog. I need to read the synopsis of those books and vote ASAP! Have a great day...Amanda!

      Delete
  3. Oh I imagine Hail Cesar was bad, but it does have my girl ScarJo in it!! I love her sooooo.

    And yay Mandy Moore. I absolutely adore her and her sweetness and pure music. She's one of my fave pop stars of all time. I really love her album Coverage...if you don't have it, check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scarlett's role was so minimal in it but she is awesome! Checking out that album by Ms. Moore today! xo Amanda

      Delete
  4. ooohh I totally hate Mary!! And I feel bad for Barrow! I'm so sad! I will check out that book also!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!