Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Tasty Tuesday: A Great Breakfast/Brunch Casserole

Yesterday, while we were all home (thanks to the non-snow event of nothing) I made brunch.  I opted to use a recipe I found from Lil Luna.  It is very simple and easy.  The casserole is extremely thick and filling as well so a little will go a very long way.  


This recipe is so easy as it only calls for:

1 can of Grands Biscuits 
1 package of Jimmy Dean Sausage crumbles (I use the turkey sausage crumbles, you could always opt out of any meat if you preferred.)
1 cup of Shredded American
1 cup of Shredded Mozarella 
1 cup of milk
8 eggs (I used six)
Salt & Pepper

The direction can be found by clicking here.

I must share the main reason I like this recipe is that I can keep it in the fridge for breakfast all week.  It does store quite well in a Pyrex container with a lid.  Since it is a heavy dish I like to cut a small portion and have yogurt and fruit to go along with it.  It is a nice balance to your taste buds - the comforting goodness of the breakfast casserole and the sweet simplicity of yogurt and berries (also, Food Lion had strawberries and blueberries 2/$5 this weekend!)


So there's my Tasty Tuesday for you guys for this week!  I hope you enjoy!













2 comments:

  1. Yummy. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I will have to try this for Sunday. It's breakfast night. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a good egg casserole to feed the crew!! My boys will love this!! I have yogurt and berries most mornings but sometimes I crave a casserole like this!! Can't wait for the weekend to try it!!! Yummo!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!