Monday, February 8, 2016

Super Fast & Easy Tidying Up Tips


Want to know a little secret about the girl behind this blog?  (Third person, so lame.)

I clean houses on the side.  (Back to first!)

Most people that know me away from a screen know that I scrub a dub dub homes.  Some people look at me like I have a wart planted between my eyes when I tell them I actually enjoy cleaning houses.

I'm just one of those people.  I like making a home look, smell, and feel good.

To be honest with you, I actually adore cleaning.  I figure it is a control issue that this Scorpio suffers from.  I mean there isn't much in this life we can control on our own but making a house fresh and clean is something we have total control over.

Today I wanted to share a few tips about keeping your home clean.  These are super simple and also ones that will not take a lot of time.  Try doing them each evening to keep your home neat and tidy throughout the week. 

You can call on me when it is time to get out the vacuum, mop, dusting polish, glass cleaner and other fun stuff.

Managing Toy Clutter Without A Playroom
I love this post about creating a space for organization!

Keep things where they belong!

I know this struggle.  I have two children, one is eight and the other is three.  The whole put it back where it goes idea just blows their minds.  At night before we get ready to be tucked in we take five minutes and play a game of put it back.  I turn on some music and set a timer and we rush through the house putting away toys, books, shoes, dirty clothes, etc.

This helps so much with keeping the house neat.

Also, let's note the adorable options for storage these days!  From adorable fabric bins to furniture made for storage there are countless options.  Utilize these to make your life easier!

beauty brooms. Would I sweep more? Or less, simply because they are too pretty?:

Vacuum or sweep before you watch television!

I am happy to report I have no carpet in my home.  I'm just personally not a carpet fan.  Before I settle down to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (not even kidding) with my kids before bed I get my floors cleaned up of crumbs.  There is a reason we call kids crumb crushers people.  

I do this for several reasons including:
1.  Crumbs are gross and I like to walk barefoot.
2.  Crumbs are magnets for bugs and other forms of vermin that aren't nice houseguests.
3.  Floors are dirty, face it, and you can do this to help reduce the dirtiness.

Image result for cleaning wipesImage result for cleaning wipesImage result for cleaning wipes

Wipe down, wipe down, wipe down!

One invention I am very appreciative of is the sanitizing wipes (Clorox, Lysol, etc.)  These things make keeping your less of a bacteria magnet so much easier.  I suggest you buy a couple of these containers of wipes and use them each night to wipe down your kitchen counters and sink.  Keep a container in your bathroom to wipe down the vanities and sinks in there too.
While we're at it - use them to wipe off handles, phones, and anything else that gets lots of paw action.


Take out the trash!

Every single night take the trash out.  
Empty your bathroom trash, nursery trash, laundry room trash, etc. all into the kitchen trash and take it out.  
This will eliminate odor in your home and keep it a bit fresher and healthier.  
Remember the vermin thing?  Yes, it keeps them at bay as well!


No dirty laundry - in site!

Buy hampers and use them.  Dirty laundry is an eye sore and can cause nose sores (or so my oldest child says) but you should really purchase them and use them to put your dirty laundry in until time to wash, dry, fold, repeat.

Other tips:
Make your bed every morning
Close cabinets and drawers after use.
Spray your shower or bath after use (Scrubbing Bubbles is good!)
Dirty dishes need to go in the dishwasher.










6 comments:

  1. Love love love this! Everything in its place gives me a happy face! I'll bet your clients sure do appreciate you, there's nothing like a good clean smelling house to make a gal feel spectacular! I hope your week gets off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they do! You are so kind. Happy week to you too sweet lady! xo Amanda

      Delete
  2. Love this!! I have a ridiculous number of hampers in my house!! And also just end up throwing everything in the washer before bed!! Great tips!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two and sometimes think I need 4! XO! Amanda

      Delete
  3. Seriously, are we the same person??? I LOVE cleaning too. We have zero carpet in our house, AND I love to walk around barefoot (my feet are SO gross though because of it). Some great tips here! Elizabeth is pretty good about picking up, BUT on those evenings when she's resisting cleaning up, the music/game idea will come in handy. That girl will do anything for a Frozen song! (Although she might start dancing instead of cleaning...)

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes I'm a cleaning freak. I do it constantly and also for a little side hustle LOL! Barefoot.all.the.time here! Do try the music for Elizabeth! Maybe not the Frozen soundtrack though? LOL xo Amanda

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!