Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Tasty (Fat) Tuesday!

Warning:  This isn't my traditional Tasty Tuesday post.  That will be back next week when I bring you a healthy and easy recipe you should try out sometime soon!

Today I bring you my FAT Tuesday list of food that I would go crazy on if I wasn't so crazed by burning excess calories right now!  Can I just say that it is true - once you hit the mid thirties your body slows down a bit and it takes harder work to get what you want!?!?!?

Sometimes a girl just wants some chocolate cake.

No. 1 on my Fat Tuesday list is Pound Cake




I love pound cake but only when it has what we in the South refer to as a "sad streak" - that is where the shortening or butter and sugar and vanilla have pooled in a streak across the cake making it "ugly."  I will eat that ugly cake ALL.DAY.LONG!

My mom makes great pound cakes as does my Aunt Sue (chocolate, oh lord.)

No. 2  Well obviously brownies!



I love brownies - made with subs, made with fattening goodness, made with nuts, made with icing, I want brownies all the time!  Guess what I make brownies once a week on average but that isn't exactly where my blog name came from!

No. 3  I like greasy wings and I cannot lie!



When I was pregnant with my first child all I ever wanted was buffalo wings.  I swear my husband was eating more wings than any man could possibly fathom.  Nine years later I'm still a wing junkie but not nearly as bad as I was when I was pregnant!

My favorite local wings are at Marco's Pizza in Mocksville, NC.  I also LOVE Ronni's in Clemmons, NC!

No. 4  Bad Daddy's Burgers and Sweet Potato Fries or Tots!



Heaven is a Bad Daddy's burger and sweet potato fries.  That's all I can say.

And this my friends is why I always make healthy menus!  When I want this soul satisfying food it gets me in trouble and gets me in a different dress size (and not the one I want!)

I hope this Fat Tuesday you can enjoy a mouth watering meal or treat.  Because it is all healthy and good after today!

Tomorrow join me for a new take on the Lenten Season.

And like I said before - next week I'll be back with my traditional Tasty Tuesday meal idea for you!

xo-





6 comments:

  1. I can't stand wings! I know I know...but yeah they just kind of gross me out. Military Husband loves them.
    I can get down with fries and a burger tho. And onion rings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, bye. Just kidding! One day we'll grab a burger, ok? Have a wonderful Tuesday! xo Amanda

      Delete
  2. Ah! I love all of this. I'm making pumpkin pancakes this morning to celebrate, but now I'm wanting those wings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could take out some pumpkin pancakes and wings today...Thanks for coming by and so happy your daughter got a great report! xo Amanda

      Delete
  3. I love this goodness while I sit here eating a paczki with my coffee! Back to health tomorrow but I had to indulge in Fat Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indulge!!! I went a little overboard yesterday a donut and a cookie and ummm over my calories but girl if I had that burger platter in front of me...I would devour it! xo Amanda

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!