Sunday, February 7, 2016

My Weekly Menu No. 4


Happy Superbowl Sunday!!!  Over here in my area we're all Panther crazy!  We're hoping our boys can win the 50th Superbowl and you can trust we will be eating heavy and rooting hard tonight.

But FIRST - let's make our menu for the week.

The theme this week is make ahead, crock pot, and super fast.  I'm back to regular work this week so I need easy peasy recipes to satisfy my little crew.

Easy Crock Pot Beef Stew
Guess what?  My mom's husband got me a new crock pot a few weeks ago and I'm excited to use it for the first time with this hearty and easy stew!  Minimal ingredients (stew beef, onion, potatoes, carrots) and lots of flavor is a great recipe for success to the start of our week.

I'm really looking forward to making this Pinterest find this week!  I love broccoli casserole but I am used to the traditional version with rice.  This one is slimmed down (no rice) and I think it will be perfect for Wednesday evening.  I plan on pairing it with a salad.  I know the kids will want bread.  

Rotisserie Chicken Tacos
We haven't had a taco night in several weeks so I am really looking forward to tacos this week!  My plan is to grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store after our work out and come home and whip these up.  

Those are my dinner plans this week - here's an extra bite.

Drive Thru Egg & Cheese
My kids are getting bored with breakfast.  They aren't cereal eaters and have over done the waffles (waffles traditionally, waffle parfaits, and PB&J waffles.)  So I decided to get them a different and more hearty treat for breakfast.  This casserole combines biscuits, sausage, egg, and cheese and should fill those little tummies right up until the lunch bell rings.

Alright it is your turn to tell me what you have on your menu this week!  Also, if anything in this post caught your attention then let me know!  I will highlight it in a Tasty Tuesday post in the coming week or two!

I appreciate you stopping by and hope you have a fabulous Sunday and blessed week ahead!    





8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They just couldn't do it. But I had some good ribs! xoxo - Amanda

      Delete
  2. Tell me more about those rotisserie chicken tacos and breakfast casserole!
    This week we're having...burger sliders w/ coleslaw, spinach and cheese quiche, tacos, and that's as far as I've gotten! Probably a soup and sandwich night in there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will tell you more! Next week! Your menu sounds very yummy! I always have soup and sandwiches on standby, girl! xo Amanda

      Delete
  3. Let me know how the skinny casserole is!! I'd love to try that! This week I ordered my first hello fresh meals in months...I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will most surely share this if it turns out well! I just don't think the ordered meals would work for my family but I know you really enjoy them! xo Amanda

      Delete
  4. Go Panthers!! I feel like it's my duty to support the team by eating large amounts of food tonight :) I like your idea of quick, easy meals but they all also sound delicious and healthy! A win win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ate lots of carbs last night in sadness of the loss HA! I hope to share some of these meals in coming Tasty Tuesday posts! xo Amanda

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!