Saturday, February 20, 2016

Saturday Coffee & Catch-Up



Good Saturday, friend!  I hope you had a fabulous week and a gorgeous weekend to enjoy.  This girl is so stoked that spring is visiting this weekend (highs in the 60's and sunshine!)  Also, I'm a bit stoked both my kids are out to breakfast this morning and I have some free time (go see my IG @abrownieworld).  I imagine I'll end up at the gym soon....

This week was great around here.  I had a post each day for you - some to help you out and some to make you smile.  Admitting:I just like to write to make whoever reads this blog smile.  You make me smile in return in your comments.  Unfortunately, I'm not blogger savvy and some of you comment and I never receive that comment in my Inbox.  Please note:  I try to email everyone who comments here so if you don't get an email response then do not feel bad.  I probably just came back to your comment and replied.  Maybe this year I'll learn to be more knowledgeable with all the ins and outs of commenting options and other stuff.

Alrighty here's a snapshot of the blog this week...

Sunday (whoa it feels like ages ago) was Valentine's Day and I really hope you had a great one.  If you didn't then I hope your National Single's Awareness Day rocked out too.  My blog didn't celebrate the holiday but I did give you some food love with the {menu}.  Just to let you know I didn't even use my menu plan this week!  LOL - we are having burgers tonight if that counts for anything but I did not make the enchiladas (we had tacos instead) and I didn't even touch the chili ingredients!  Instead I roasted lamb - I'm not a fan but my kids adored it.



Monday was post number three in the cleaning posts I started writing.  Selfless plug here:  I clean houses for scrilla and I love it.  This week was super busy with houses on my list.  I don't use tons of cleaners, I have a few go-to's that I adore.  Each one was shared with you on Monday oh and there are only {4 Cleaners I prefer}!

Tasty Tuesday brought a recipe that my daughter really likes - {Biscuits & Sausage Casserole}.  This is a very filling breakfast/brunch casserole best served with berries and yogurt on the side.  Make it for tomorrow!



Twice a month I bring you {What's Happening in North Carolina}.  This week just happened to be the week for that.  I feel like we're in a lull before all the fun things start kicking off again (generally in March!)  There are some pretty nifty events going on across the state though!

Thursdays are reserved for random posts.  I don't follow a theme or idea for my Thursday posts which I really like!  This week I shared a slight problem I live with I called it {The Fever}.  It was great to know I wasn't alone!


It is always a {High Five kinda Friday} around A Brownie World.  I generally get over to the link up quickly to put my link in but this week I didn't get it in until super late.  So while I eat my breakfast I'll go hop around the link up and read other's fun stuff.  Oh my five included mentionings of things like spring and Canada and chocolate....

There's my week in a nutshell.  I'm thinking after this weekend I may just post a Weekend Recap.  Why?  It is only Saturday and my daughter has had a HUGE weekend.  A lot of fun stuff happened yesterday and I don't want to blow any details here.  Plus, as I mentioned in the opening, this weekend is going to be amazing so I think we may get to do some fun stuff outside!

You have an excellent weekend, friend!

xoxoxox


2 comments:

  1. I live outside Charlotte, NC. I saw in your profile you are in the Piedmont area. I wonder how close we actually are to each other. I found that many of my comments were going into people's spam/junk folders. So I make a habit of checking there. It is hard to respond to each one, so don't put pressure on yourself (I should take my own advice) to respond. Enjoy our NC weekend, the heat will be here soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday in Charlotte we were suppose to see the sun, but it didn't show up. Let's hope today will be better. Outside time would be wonderful with the grandkids today.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!