Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Salmon (Croquets, Patties, Slammers)

Happy Tasty Tuesday to you all!  Last week I mentioned in a menu post that I was going to make salmon croquettes (patties, slammers, for others) for dinner one night.  Ok let me be real - I am in the South and we call them patties.  But if you want to be all high and mighty....haha croquettes they are!  That sounds way better for a dinner anyway, right?

I received some feedback of people wanting my recipe so guess what you are getting today?

Yep, my favorite chocolate cake.

Just kidding.

Today I share with you....Salmon Patties!



What you will need:



2 cans of salmon - I prefer Royal Pink
2 cups of bread crumbs - buy the Italian seasoned ones or do it yourself by adding in 1 tablespoon of the seasoning yourself.
1 cup of finely chopped onion
4 eggs - beaten
5 tablespoons of mayo
The juice of half a lemon
Garlic & Parsley seasoning

This is so easy...

1.  You can clean the bones out of your salmon.  You do not have to do this.  The bones are extremely healthy and cook down to softened morsels should you keep them in your fish.



2.  After you have or have not cleaned your fish you should flake it with two forks.  This takes all of about twenty seconds.  Just break up the chunks and it naturally flakes out.



3.  Add ALL your ingredients to the fish.  Stir it up.



4. Make patties with your mixture.  This recipe should make you about 16.  I realize most of you will want to cut this in half but I make a larger patty for us so I generally get 10-12 from two cans.

5.  On the stove top heat about 2 tablespoons of oil (you pick olive or veggie) over medium heat.  Place your patties in and let them cook on each side until brown.  It does not take these long to heat up!  Watch them like a hawk.

A little tip - I spray my pan with non stick spray to help eliminate burn - for some reason it just does a better job than vegetable oil/olive oil itself.



Enjoy these on a bun or alone.  It seems that every time I ever have ate these or prepared them I have had them black eyed peas and macaroni has been on the table too.  So you can imagine how I serve it to my family.

xoxox

3 comments:

  1. YES!!! There they are...yummo!!! On the menu Thursday night my friend!! Thank you for the recipe!! Too funny I always serve salmon patties with mac and cheese too, something about that combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look and sound so delicious! I would have never thought to make a salmon pattie.

    www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband would love these!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!