Sunday, February 21, 2016

Let's Make A Menu: ???



I have been drawing blanks on the menu this week.  Here's the deal - Lately I haven't wanted food.  I mean I want food but not real food.  I want yogurt or berries or chocolate.  There is no desire for a big, hefty meal but my kids just don't get that.  So I'm left going - Ok fine I will make a menu so you people can get nourishment at home.

Egh.

So here's what I came up with for this week.  Some food for the kids' and some food that mom will eat too.  Dad can fend for himself - just kidding, love.

We're going meatless two days this week...Monday & Friday.

Monday 
Cobb Salad
Mommy will eat this.  Mommy loves Cobb Salads and so do the kids.  I'll use facon in place of bacon.
Tuesday
Pork Loin (on sale at Food Lion)
Slow roasted pork loin is a family favorite here.  We'll serve it up with some succotash!

Wednesday
Chicken Noodle Soup & Salads
Wednesdays are so busy I just have to get my Progresso on.  They should seriously read my blog and give me some love because we eat the crap out of their soup.  OK my kids do - they love the Chicken Noodle.  My husband loves the chowders.

Thursday
Skinny Italian Chicken Strips
I call these skinny because they are 100% homemade.  I use the bare minimum to "bread" them and then bake them up instead of frying.  The kids love them.  These will be served with kernel corn and sweet peas.

Friday
Spaghetti with Meatless Sauce
If you read this blog then you know this is mom going out on a limb for her kids.  I hate pasta dishes.  So my kids will get filthy with the sauce and noodles while I cringe and probably down a shake for dinner tonight.  No worries - I'll get some popcorn down the hatch if we pick out a good movie to watch!







6 comments:

  1. Hey, at least you are feeding them. LOL! I know what you mean, sometimes the chef needs a break or wants to eat what they want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Lima beans, corn, and stewed tomatoes all together in tomato juice - almost like a vegetable soup of sorts! :)

      Delete
  3. They all sound yummy and I'm coming over Tues, Wed, and Thurs!! No, really I like canned soup and Chicken noodle is my fav. Nice to have this thought out so no last minute what to haves??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do come over! If I can follow my menu we'll be good to go hahaha! xo Amanda

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!