Thursday, February 4, 2016

Your Superbowl Party for Me! (Really!)

On Sunday there is a football game.  (What's new?)

OK...it is the Superbowl.  (Let's drink beer!)

And my home team is in it!  (Go Panthers!)

Most of us don't get very excited about the Superbowl but when your home team is playing I think the excitement level grows by first downs and field goals.

Generally, we find ourselves at my dad's house for the Superbowl.  My husband, who is an incredible grill master on all things but burgers, grills some fabulous ribs and my dad's lovely girlfriend whips up some great dips for chips.  We stuff ourselves and drink some American brew and yell at the game.

Thinking about this year's Superbowl had me day dreaming about a party and decorations and food.  I thought instead of hosting one I would put all my ideas on this post so maybe one of you would feel the itch to host in my place!

Wings are the most popular Superbowl food.  The majority of wings consumed in a calendar year and eaten on this very Sunday!  That is nuts!  So you can have your wings but don't forget the nachos!  I love this nacho bar idea from Pinterest.  It is also less expensive than all those wings and you can count your calories a little better with these!

This nacho bar is easy to do, and people really get excited about making their own nachos. This recipe is a great idea for any party.:
Grab this pin from the Magical Slow Cooker Here!

One thing I love is a good jalapeno popper appetizer!  Check this dip out from Cakescottage.  Pair it with corn chips or toasted pita bread.
A great choice for all of your winter gatherings, and perfect for any game-day-superbowl-get-togethers. #jalapeno #dip #superbowl:
Click here for the pin!

One of my husband's (and my own) favorite sandwiches is a Philly Cheese Steak.  I love this idea for the game - I mean what human is really going to say no to this?  A vegan, point taken!  But really it is the Superbowl!

Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches Recipe
Click here to get the recipe from Recipe Girl

Here's a great way to welcome guests to the party.  This is from Etsy but you could totally make it yourself if you're crafty enough!

gameday football banner leading to the front door, superbowl party ideas: GlamLuxePartyDecor: FREE SHIPPING! Creative, Unique, Personalized Glamorous Designer Party Decorations and keepsakes. Theme party Decor packages. 1st Birthday parties, pink princess tutu, weddings, christenings, holiday celebration, bridal shower, babyshower, bachelorette, Super Bowl, etc. #jacquelineK:
Pin It Here! Etsy is sold out.

A little friendly gambling or just a game to see who nails the final score and winner?  Of course this would be a hit at your bash!

Confetti Sunshine: Free Printable Superbowl Game Poster:
Click here to get the Pin for the Free Printable!

I love this idea for jar glasses.  Use Washi tape so you can undo the laces when the game is over.  Seriously, cheap and effective fun.

Football Mason Jars
Find this and more ideas at Flamingo Toes


Commercials are one of the best parts of the game - and when it is a crap game they are the best part.  Here's a commercial bingo game that could be really fun.  Just make sure you get a few good prizes to pass out!

FREE printable super bowl party bingo cards.  Football party fun!:
http://theflairexchange.com/free-printable-super-bowl-commercials-bingo/

If Superbowl ideas can make you swoon - well this one did it for me!

cute appetizers for parties | So cute! Perfect for a small party appetizer | Yum!!!:
This one is from The Knot!

We are Panther fans around here.  This Carolina Panther Punch is just what the doctor ordered - so festive!

Carolina Panther Punch - the perfect cocktail for the football postseason and hopefully the Super Bowl!
From Life, Love, and Sugar!

Here's another drink - non team colors - The Football Punch from Harvard Common Press.  this is also an alcoholic drink.

Go team - responsibly though.

It isn't a party until the Jell-o Shots come out.

Carolina Panthers Jell-O Shots (3 oz. box berry blue Jell-O 4 envelopes Knox plain gelatin  3 cup vodka  1 cup milk 1/4 cup granulated sugar 3 1/2 Tbs lime Jell-O powder 3 1/2 Tbs grape Jell-O powder Black food coloring):
A pin from Delish!

Maybe the guys won't be for this but the ladies sure should be!

I decided over winter break that I needed to pick a football team, so now I am just an avid Carolina Panthers fan<3 Carolina Panthers Manicure:
Show this pin to your manicurist this week!

I know some girls that are like - yesssssssum!

Luke Kuechly // Carolina Panthers // Football Shirt // Football Addict // Sports Fan by DivaDesignsByDesirae on Etsy:
Sold out at Etsy!

That's my offerings for Superbowl Sunday!  I hope you all have a great time celebrating and cheering on the PANTHERS!  I know there are a lot of Manning fans out there but seriously....the Carolina boys have to have this one!

Carolina Panthers - Keep Pounding, Color Printed Die Cut Decal/Sticker:
All the way to a Superbowl Win!!!!

Check out my Pinterest Board for more ideas!

Follow Amanda's board Superbowl Sunday! on Pinterest.

6 comments:

  1. All so cute.
    I haven't had a super bowl party since high school. Haha. But Beyoncé is doing part of half time so I'll be watching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sasha Fierce! We still haven't made our plans yet!

      Delete
  2. I'm not a fan of either team (sorry!), but I love football food, so I'll probably make jalapeno popper dip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! Eat up - the best reason for the day, right?

      Delete
  3. Woohoo!!! I am SO excited for Sunday! It's been such a fun season. I'm a college football girl, but you can't help but root for the home team during the season! That nacho bar is a great idea! And you're right - those mason jars with washi tape. So cute!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Panthers. A Charlotte resident here and of course I had to see what you were offering at my party this week. Thanks for showing up and giving our hometown boys some love. Some goodies here that I'm going to have to check out before the big game. Thanks for linking. Let's hope we have a win!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!