Sunday, January 31, 2016

This Week's Menu




Happy Sunday!  After some thought I decided to move my menu posts to Sundays.  Typically, I do not post on Sundays but I thought why not give it a shot this month.  

Here's what we're eating this week!


Delicious Chili
It has been a while since I made chili - a family favorite.  It was decided that we would have this crock pot favorite after I noticed all the ingredients were on sale!  I love it when you have a good sale that helps you plan your meals easily!  My theme this month for the blog is "poor mouthing" - a term we use in the south when someone talks about how tight things are in their finances.  After doing research on finances I found out that February is one of the slimest financial months for many Americans.  Well guys if you are afraid of eating beans all month then this is a dish for you.  This crock pot dinner can go on for a few days saving you and your's money!

Healthy Cajun Chicken Pasta
This is a family favorite in my home.  This recipe is from Skinny Taste and it always delights us!  The ingredients are delicious and also on sale at most grocers this week.  Double up your recipe so you can enjoy it for more than one evening!

Sweet Corn Chowder
Last week Katie over at Cup of Tea Blog shared this recipe that she deemed a must try.  This week I am trying it with my family.  Chowder is one thing we never turn down.  Corn is not in season so I will use canned corn, drained and rinsed for this recipe.  Most of the items you need you probably already have on hand!

Other notes for this week's menu:
Super Bowl Sunday is upon us!  Usually, we eat at my dad's where my husband makes some amazing ribs.  The boy can grill!  I love Superbowl get-togethers because they bring so much delicious food.  However, they can be seriously bad if you're on a mission to cut carbs and watch calorie and fat intake.  I found this recipe to help us keep our intake in check!  It is a Weight Watchers recipe but I found it over at Chef-In-Training.

Salsa Roll Ups - a Weight Watchers recipe - provided by Chef In Training.  Serving size = 2 & Calories = 90
I will be back later in the week with a healthy hints post for the Superbowl 50!

What are you eating this week?  Please, share!

Tasty Tuesday is up tomorrow with a requested recipe!




















1 comment:

  1. Yum!
    We're having some Crockpot black bean soup, baked chicken with potatoes and green beans, bean and rice enchiladas, a big salad (maybe with baked salmon, or not -depending on how lazy I feel that evening) and crockpot pulled pork
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!