Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thankful: November 27th


On Sunday our minister asked us to write down one thing we were thankful for and to place it on the altar.

I wrote one word that sums up my gratitude to God....

Everything.

Today I write this post to share with you how totally thankful I am for everything.

I'm thankful for my family, children, spouse.

I'm thankful for my health, clean water, food, and shelter.

I'm thankful for my friends, dog, and all the silly materials I prize.

I'm thankful for all the good.

But I have to be honest with you.  I am also thankful for all the bad.

This year there have been several bad things to happen in my life.  And though they left me sad and not sure what to do, they never stripped me of understanding that there is a reason for why they happened.  As the weeks pass by I see more and more of the reason for the "bad" things and that lets me know that Ecclesiastes 3 is right on target.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 - Chalkboard Look Print - 16 X 20. $40.00, via Etsy.

Had the bad not happened I wouldn't be as aware of my blessings.

Had the bad not happened I would be lying to you when I said I have a grateful heart.

Had the bad not happened I would not be the person I am now.

The bad has made me a better human being and has allowed me to understand the compassion and love we are freely given so much more.

So yes, I'm thankful for everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!