Monday, November 17, 2014

Thankful: November 17th

This may come as a shock to some of you but after my first year of being a parent to a public school kid my thoughts and ideas changed on the education system here in North Carolina.

I would love to be able to take my child out of public school and put her in a home school community.  That would be one of the first things I would do if I won the lotto.  Public school is anything but education these days.  It seems to be a complete and total mess of labeling and testing so that they can label and test some more.  The children suffer, the teachers suffer, education suffers.

I hate it.

The only place to point fingers is at the top.  It is that small group that causes this downfall of public education.  They have no clue what it is like to have your child be in class with a child who needs a special classroom so they do not hurt other students or their teachers.  They have no idea the feeling you have cut through you when the teacher says your child leads the others out of the class while another child throws large scale fits.  They have no concept of how much red tape a professional educator has to go through to get an EC child closer to the best fit education setting for their needs.

They have no idea, clue, or concept because they don't have to know what it feels like....looks like....sounds like.

All they know to do is test and label because somewhere someone told them that was the thing to do.




Now that I am off that soap box I want to tell you what I am thankful for today.

I am thankful my child goes to a small school...
I am thankful my child goes to a school where teachers show love to their students....
I am thankful my child goes to a school where she isn't threatened....
I am thankful my child goes to a school where she is safe....
I am thankful my child loves her school....







No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!