Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday Favorites (5)










Momfessionals        


I guess its Christmas Time!  And that's ok with me!




1.  Veteran's Day Festivities

My husband had to work so the kids and I took to doing a little shopping....for others!  We spent the morning on Tuesday getting goodies and necessities for our shoe boxes.  Operation Christmas Child is a great ministry based out of Samaritan's Purse in Boone, North Carolina (just sixty miles away from me).  This year we filled our shoe boxes with health and hygiene basics, shoes, clothes, toys, candy, and drawing materials.  I cannot wait to track our boxes with my 7 year old so we can see the faces of the children who get the goodies we have sent to them.  Oh and if you want to help its not too late!  $7 sends a box around the world!  Click here to get involved!

If you're in my area and need to get your shoe box to a drop off spot, let me know!  I am making a delivery this weekend!



2. Paying it forward.

Last weekend our community helped us.  This week we helped someone in our community.  Thanksgiving, the forgotten holiday, is coming up.  Traditionally, we all get fat and happy on the day to eat until we bust.  There are a lot of families who don't get that joy.  We realize that, and sadly enough, we see that in our jobs.  I explained how not everyone gets a turkey or ham dinner complete with the fixings on Thanksgiving to my daughter.  Guess what....she totally knew that.  So we went out and purchased a meal for a family in need.  It was a lot of fun too.  My Diva enjoyed finding the items on the guide list and choosing what dessert the family may like the best.  *She concluded cookie cake with molten chocolate on the inside....move over pumpkin pie!*

We also picked up canned goods for a food drive at her school.

Tuesday was kind of an awesome day!

Printable Santa Claus Stationary - Suggestion: Your Elf On The Shelf could bring a letter back from his nightly trip to the North Pole.
This is the letterhead I'm using! Click the link!

3.  Letters from the North Pole

Yep, they're rolling in!  Even though my spirit has been down I'm so in the Christmas spirit.  I love the look on my daughter's face when she gets mail....especially from Santa!  Last week she received her official "I've been watching you letter" and this year she received one about helping others (yes, it came on Monday).


4.  Christmas Music 24/7

I will get tired of it but yesterday a local radio station started their All Christmas All The Time run.  I'm kinda happy!  Plus, it hits the cold weather we're now receiving!  Brrrr highs in the low 40s that is cold for NC baby!


5.  Pumpkin Angel Food Cake

Have you tried it?  Its pretty freaking delicious!  All you need is a box of angel food cake mix that only requires water.  One can of pumpkin.  Mix them together (minus the water) with your mixer and then add in 1.5 tablespoons of cinnamon, blend away.  Put the mixture in a greased 9x13 in an oven preheated to 350 for about 30 minutes.  That stuff is awesome!


THE GOOD LIFE BLOG



5 comments:

  1. That pumpkin angel food sounds YUMM!!! Love how you're teaching your daughter the beauty of charity and empathy from such an early age!
    XO sarita it's my girls' world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to raise a good citizen! Thank you so much for dropping by! Have a great weekend lady!!!

      Delete
  2. We love Operation Christmas Child! Love that Santa is already sending letters...I need to get busy!!!
    Have a blessed weekend!
    XOXO,
    April
    www.lifeinbucklesberry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a great humanitarian effort! Truly, one of my most favorite! Thanks for coming by April! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the comment over at http://uniquelyunfolded.blogspot.com/, I love your blog and that pumpkin angel food cake looks amazing... Totally trying it this weekend AND next week : ) Hope you had a great weekend yourself.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!