Monday, November 24, 2014

Thankful: November 24

Thankful today for my health.

I feel like we're in the age of illness.  Though life is easier thanks to technology, health is suffering more than before.  I haven't seen more of my peers battling cancer than I have in the past 16 months.  It is painful to see people in the same position as I, young mom and wife, fighting to live each day.  Many prayers and thoughts to all those fighting.

It doesn't stop there.

I am thankful my children are healthy.  In elementary school one of my classmate's sister's was diagnosed with Leukemia.  That was the first time I ever heard about cancer.  I remember her brother telling us about her hospital stay, Ronald McDonald house, and other little tid bits.  It wasn't common back then for us to hear about sick kids.

Today sick kids fill up our news feeds on Facebook and Twitter.  Awareness for various illnesses afflicting kids are more common.  I'm so glad it is out there for us to learn about.  I'm so sad so many children are battling these horrible illnesses.  God knows they didn't deserve that diagnosis but God knows why its happened and how it is part of a plan.

I cannot wrap my brain around what a parent feels when their child is in the grips of a severe illness.  I pray to God I never have to experience that feeling.  Very well I do know that nothing can keep me in the safe zone and at any given minute something could happen.

Today I pray for the families who are fighting, have fought, or will fight against disease.  I pray for all the parents, siblings, children, and others who have had their life altered by illness and who pray diligently for a cure.

I pray with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!