Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Thankful: November 18th




We have hit a true cold snap in NC.  The high today is 37 degrees.  I cannot help but think of all those who are living in subpar conditions or out in the elements themselves.

The guys who will rummage through trashcans and dumpsters to find something to wrap themselves in to keep warm as they sleep.  The ones who will be turned away from the shelter because they are at capacity.

I keep thinking about the people who live in makeshift villages hidden from the public eye.  They'll start fires and stay by them to keep warm.

I think about the kids who live in homes with no electricity and those who live in homes with electricity but no heat.  They may be waiting on a coat to wear to the bus....maybe the next paycheck will get them one.

My heart breaks for them but it also makes me more aware of my blessings.  I am thankful to be warm on cold nights, warm on cold days, dry when the rain falls, and safe from physical harm wintry weather can do.

Help those in need in your community - donate clothing, blankets, and food to your local food bank or local missions project.

Local to our area:
Salvation Army
A Storehouse For Jesus
Second Harvest Food Bank of NC
Samaritan Ministries
The Bethesda Center




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!