Friday, November 7, 2014

5 Favorites: Beginning of November!

The NC mountains this past weekend!


1.  Truly Fall

Weather in NC is strange and that is no stretch in an adjective.  Last weekend the mountains were covered with snow and the Piedmont Triad was wet and freezing!  I must admit I don't like winter one bit but I can handle wintry-esque weather in November and December much better than January-March.  It also makes me feel more festive!  I mean you have to agree all the baked deliciousness and comfort foods of fall are much tastier when the temp is brrrr cold!

Christmas Eve box for kids or make one for the whole family. Open on Christmas eve, put on your pjs, watch a movie and eat popcorn/snacks. - PJS - Christmas movie to watch - Snacks for movie - Santa Key - Hot Chocolate - Christmas mug - Be creative. Add more fun!

2.  Christmas Prep

I know, I know.  It isn't time.  OK look I'm a mama now and I have to think ahead.  Before this week I was down in the dumps about the impending holidays.  Seriously, I was trying to understand how I would make the holiday feeling even visit us when we weren't in our house!  It turns out we're going to keep our Thanksgiving tradition alive and just get a tree for my mom's house.  Also, I spent a little bit planning our Elf (Red) on the Shelf's arrival for this year.  Think a box...with new pajamas....popcorn.....water packets (my kids love them more than cocoa)....and a new Christmas movie sitting on our porch.  OH and the elf in there too!!!  I saw this on Pinterest as a Christmas Eve idea but seriously....I want them to enjoy it the ENTIRE Christmas season.

3.  A Pre Birthday Morning

Since I would be spending my birthday working and since I had an open space in my calendar for Wednesday....we partied a little early.  Ok by we I mean Amy and I.  By partied I mean dropped the kids at school and went to Starbuck's and then did a little second hand shopping.  I scored so well....for UNDER $20 I got a two new dresses, a new blouse, and a festive little red jacket.  I plan to show it all off on the blog soon.  Can you complain when birthday shopping means dropping less than $20? I think not!

4.  

Yes, I love some Taylor Swift.  Yes, its because my kid loved it first.  Yes, I got this CD for my birthday.  Yes, I jammed out to it.

5.  

Mmmm I love this place.  We hadn't been in nearly a year so we went on Thursday.  So good.  Mmmm too good actually.  My eyes were way bigger than my tummy!


Have a great weekend.


Momfessionals






7 comments:

  1. You couldn't have described N.C. weather any better...I live in La Grange and although we haven't received any snow the weather is still crazy from day to day. The snow in the mountains looks beautiful!
    We are also so excited for our Elf on the Shelf to arrive and it is a lot of work, but so worth it.
    Enjoyed your post.
    XOXO,
    APRIL
    www.lifeinbucklesberry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you guys get to see much snow down there? I'm not actually in the mountains but outside of them by about 60 miles! We get our fair share. I think Elf makes the holidays even more fun!!! Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  2. I love Taylor Swift too! My daughter does too, so we are going to try to get tickets to her concert this summer! I think it will be the perfect first concert for my daughter and I will love it too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's coming to our area in October of next year. My little girl may get a surprise for her birthday! Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  3. We've always given Christmas pajamas on Christmas Eve, but I've decided the elf will bring them this year upon arrival. I agree...they need to be enjoyed the entire season. I really need to check out the new Taylor Swift album. I've heard so many good things. Can't wait to see your second hand store finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT idea for your Elf on the Shelf this year. You'll have to tell me what water packets are :) I have already been collecting little things for the holidays so I'm not stressing at the last minute. Life is better that way :) I'm loving Taylor's new CD, too!! It's so catchy and my daughter loves it. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Elf idea! It is clear I need to step up my game!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!