Friday, November 21, 2014

Festive Friday!

Momfessionals

Time for another edition of Friday Favorites this is a "local" edition but you may like it too!  It's all about living in a small town, ya'll!








1.  Bed Races!

LoL sounds like something some girls I knew did in college.  

I make myself laugh sometimes.  So my little hometown started doing bed races one or two years ago to kick off the holiday season and tonight is the kick off to the home town Christmas.  The local news station (WXII 12 mini video by clicking the link) is coming out to race - I hear its the morning news team versus the evening news team.  Hopefully this year we can see better but I doubt we can.  Its just fun to be under the beautiful lights and enjoying the start of the holidays!  

via DC Blog

2.  The Lights!

The town we live in has the most beautiful downtown at Christmas!  They light up the giant four oak trees on the square and they are so magical!  I love them and I'm sad when they turn them off in January.


3.  Turkey Derby 5K

I'm not for sure yet but I think my kids, mom, and I may go do the Turkey Derby 5K tomorrow.  Gobble gobble ya'll!!!  We need all the exercise we can get.


4.  The Parade!

Our hometown Christmas parade is Saturday afternoon.  We've been in this parade (on my husband's work float) for about 6 years now!)  Its so much fun to throw stuff candy and prizes at the spectators!  I love it!


5.  Volunteer Lunch Ladies



My daughter's school had their traditional Thanksgiving Lunch on Wednesday.  I seriously love this tradition. I don't love the food (bland, questionable) but the tradition is awesome.  You wouldn't believe how many families come out for this one day.  Anyhoo, all the volunteering of the retired community in the school just warmed my heart.  My favorite was seeing Mr. Dave.  Mr. Dave is an awesome individual and I hope one day I can be as cool as that man.  He is the volunteer running leader for the school's Go Far program and man is he awesome with the kids.  For the luncheon he was a volunteer cafeteria man!  Mr. Dave was loading plates with turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, and dessert!  I wish I would have taken a picture!  He has such a servant's heart!  That man is awesome!  I'm thankful my daughter's school has Mr. Dave!


THE GOOD LIFE BLOG




2 comments:

  1. I love Christmas parades! Our town has one the Saturday after Thanksgiving every year. This year we have a wedding to go to and I am so sad we are going to miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your daughters school does the Thanksgiving lunch! Our school does nothing with all holidays, it's against school policy, grrrr....

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!