Monday, November 24, 2014

Ideas: Paint

For those of you who have been married over 2 years, do you find that sometimes you learn something about your spouse that you never imagined?

Yeah me too.

We're working on figuring out paint colors for a few rooms in our home.  Of course we're not close to painting yet but we are trying to decide what colors to use this go around.

I've always tried to use subdued neutrals (i.e. grey fetish is apparent) and I was picking neutrals up until a week ago.  Why not go bold?  That kept rushing through my brain.  Then I thought well the spouse isn't going to like this.  When I say lets paint he thinks white is great.  (Of course he always comes around.)

I was in total shock when we were at Lowe's checking out paint chips and he picked colors like this:

@Bright.Bazaar /'s Genius Guide to Finding Your Perfect Paint Palette
We've always looked at colors like this:

Learn how to paint with neutrals that transition from one room to another & the best neutral paint colors. See them used in rooms at julieblanner.com
It was time and is time to break our mold and go all out.  Why not add some color and have a different edge to our home than before.  It is the perfect time to up the game right?

Here are some ideas I've fallen in love with:

For the living room:

Jewel tone tree.

Yes it is Christmas but put that aside for a moment....those are warm bohemian tones and I love them.

decorating ideas "violet blue" - Google Search

My husband liked this blue and I'm getting cozy to it too now.

For the master:

Master Bedroom Color Combinations - Bing Images

This is a beachy and fun color for the master which allows me to utilize my lovely greys too!

This site has an amazing collection of color palettes. Must have resource for when we buy a home and we start decorating. this particular one is called feathered autumn.

These colors are also intriguing to me for the bedroom.  They also give me that retro flair I always love.



Follow Amanda's board Floors to Walls on Pinterest.

1 comment:

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!