Friday, September 2, 2016

Friday {September's First!}

Welcome friends!  It is the first Friday of September, the first Friday of a new school year here, and the unofficial last Friday of summer.  Wow, that's a lot.  This week was busy and fast paced.  Here are some of my favorite moments and things you just throw on a blog for a Friday 5!

Linked up with Katie because she's one of my most favorites and linking up with Andrea!

1.  Hello Third Grade!

New hair, new shoes, new outfit (its from Justice of course and says swim, fitting!)  Big smile!

My baby girl is now in the third grade.  This is a big year, as many of you mamas know, she gets to participate in standardized EOG testing.  She's all worried about it and I'm sitting here looking at her with a duh kind of face going - "It really isn't a big deal."  Because for her it won't be.  I'm not bragging but she's got the brains and she'll be fine.  Unlike her mother she is an over-achiever.  #truthhurts

I think we're in for a great year.  Her teacher is fabulous.  She also has a whole new administration team at her school that has brought a lot of changes and I am LOVING that!

2.  Hello Swim Team Prep Season!



I should just call this Baby Girl Friday Post huh?  She's going to show up again in the post too ha!  On Monday she also started her first year of swim team prep with TYDE.  That girl LOVED her first practice.  She swam so hard and I was super proud of her!  I was not very excited at the fact we probably need to invest in some contacts so she can see when she is in the water.  Bless her heart for getting mama's bad genes.  Oh and swim mixed with the first day of school?  Somebody slept super well!













3.  Four year old check up!


My little man is growing so well, praise God!  He's 43 inches tall and 41 pounds and so full of energy!  Unfortunately, he was up for four shots. We celebrated with a Happy Meal!  He also got his back to school haircut the same day.  Later I would get a phone call that the nurse had administered OLD vaccine to him.  Needless to say after a few years of wondering if it is time to find a new medical practice I got my answer.  So I'm looking for a doctor for my kiddos...

4.  Preschool Open House


Little Man is ready for school to start up again for himself!  When he has ventured with me to take his sister he's always bummed he can't go too.  Wednesday we met his teacher - who I just adore!  She and I actually worked down the hall from each other when she was still teaching third grade (she retired in June of this year).  All the teachers at the preschool are so wonderful, loving, and creative it really is a great place for your littles to get ready for "big school" at!

5.  Other notes...

I guess this is my miscellaneous grouping of stuff!  This week was super busy and felt longer than those weeks we had in summer break (oh so long ago...hahaha!)  I juggled work, school, swim, exercise, and the preschooler quite better than I thought I would.  The blog got placed on the back burner this week and I will work on that over the month (maybe, lol!)  
My poor husband finally got a chance to go fishing at the coast (he's never been. I swear I'm the sportsman of the family thanks to my past) and you know who is beating down on NC?  Two tropical storms.  I haven't had a chance to talk to him but I doubt they get out on the island for obvious reasons.
Thursday was a Target day; among other stores.  The Dollar Spot has some really cute Halloween/Fall things out so check your own Target this weekend.  I didn't go crazy but did get a few things...and put a few things back.  


Since childcare was out on Thursday I took my little guy with me.  He loves Tractor Supply and since chicken feed was on sale there I ran by and picked up fifty pounds and also got the horses some treats because well all my animals get over fed on treats.  While we were there My little mister found some boots he liked and tried them on - super cute.  But the hat he decided to sport in the store....my goodness.

I've been bad this week at reading and my book has only been picked up twice.  It is a good book and I hope to really put a dent in it this weekend.  


Speaking of this weekend it is my girl's ninth birthday!  That means we are in full on party mode.  Tomorrow afternoon I'll have a small sea of her friends coming over for a slumber party.  The taco bar is ready to go, the popcorn is patiently awaiting, the nail polish, yogurt masks, and KidsBop are on queue.  I really hope this goes well and all the girls enjoy themselves so much!

And finally...it is Friday and I have one house on my book --- MY OWN!  So let's get to that.





Oh and yipppeeeee for a Wolfpack win last night!



This week on the blog...



Monday brought you a recap of our really busy weekend.  We did A LOT!  From throwing a birthday party to Fantasy Football we had a super fun weekend.  Check it out!

Tuesday was tasty for the kid's lunchbox.  I posted up what the daughter was having in her lunch this week.  We always need ideas so why not share what we are doing!  

From last year.  I hope we get to go to a couple more games this year! 


Tuesday was also a link up day!  I love Shelly to pieces, she's my SnapChat number one :)  and more proof I may have been born in the wrong state.  I swear Texas should have claimed me; particularly the area in which Emily & Shelly reside!  Anyway, she and Katie (two queen blogs, love it!) regularly do a Spiel the Beans link up session and I joined in for Who Ya Rootin' For?  A great way to kick off football season in blog land!

Wednesday was the last one of the month of August and that means What's Up?!?!

Alrighty, lovies you go have a fabulous long weekend.  I hear it is going to be cooler and rainy thanks to the hurricane.  If you're in the south be careful!  Everyone enjoy the end of summer and football!

xoxox-
Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!