Monday, September 19, 2016

What A Weekend: Recap!



Hey honeys!  How was your weekend?  Tell me all about it, I want to know how fabulous or how horrible it was.  That way I can ooohh and ahhh or I can tell you that it's cool I can put on my boots and we can go whip some tail.

Our weekend was pretty fabulous.  I think you have caught on that most weekends around here consist of little laziness and lots of running about.  That is what happens when the mother is a ADD.

Friday...

I got my hair did.  Ahhhh I love hair day!  So.much.fun.

Lizz rocks.

 After school the kids and I headed to the gym.  My daughter swam, my son played, and I got in four miles.  OMG it felt so good to be in a very low populated gym (thanks to people having Friday night lives of fun and not sweating their butts off like me) and just pushing forward harder to make myself stronger.  That, my friends, is my kind of high.  Afterwards we hit up the local Wendy's for a caesar salad, two burgers, and frosties for the kids.  Everyone went to bed early.  It was a pretty phenomenal Friday.

Then came Saturday.  I love it when my mom's husband takes the kids on Saturday mornings.  Since my husband had to work and the kids were going to be gone I decided to take advantage of my time.

Hello Target....there is a post coming at you on Wednesday regarding this.


Sneakers are headed back...sizing is soooo wrong.


Hello Sam's Club.  I changed my membership a month ago to the Plus membership which allows me to go in early and get cash back rewards when I shop.  How about this trip was my lowest ever and I also had a $10 reward?  I was pretty stoked.

Currently at Sam's - Pumpkin EVERYTHING!




What did we do before Face Time?  Anyone?  My bestie and I got in a great Face Time session on Saturday I swear I wish we were still next door neighbors.

My bakers!

The afternoon was spent cleaning up, making cookies with the kiddos, taking care of the chickens and horses, and trying to eliminate the insane itch from the poison oak covering my legs.  

I haven't really ever reacted to poison oak, you need to know that!  I worked in it LAST Saturday.  It showed up on my skin LAST Tuesday.  Yes, it took it three days to decide to blister me.  I swear I look like I have a mild case of psoriasis on my legs.  Since this isn't a normal occurrance in my house I don't have anything to combat it.  So I created a paste (thanks Pinterest) of water and baking soda and painted myself with it.  Did you know baking soda hurts like a litte bee?  Yeah, I didn't realize that either until I painted my legs with it.  I let this paste dry and then I took a shower.  After the shower I swabbed the areas with straight white vinegar all while silently screaming "Help me God!" as it penetrated the raw spots (thanks to my scratching) to remind me I am indeed alive!

This got me through...well not the vinegar it burned like h-e-double hockey sticks.


Did it work?  For about 8 hours.  The itching went away and it looked like it was drying out.  I did it again on Sunday.

Saturday night was date night.  We went to Logan's Roadhouse for steak and then to bowl.  It was nice to see my husband but I was ready to go to sleep.  

Which I did go to sleep...a little before midnight Zzzzzz.

Sunday fun day.  I envisioned a nice lazy Sunday morning before church.  Instead my son woke me up because he wanted pancakes, the kitchen sink was clogged, and for some reason I could not find a single kitchen towel in my home.

Ready for church!  Gap Denim, Old Navy paisley dress, Target nude flats.

C is ready for church too.  She OPTED to wear a dress and that girl NEVER wears dresses!


Yeah...it didn't start off too lazy, huh?



After church we headed to my bestie's house for her littlest man's fifth birthday party!  Bounce house, cupcakes, brownies....yesssss!  The kids had so much fun!  I love how our kids get along so well - especially the older two.  They are a hoot to watch!

My bestie's the prettiest mama around!

This trip I came home with two bags of hand me downs.  I cannot tell you how much I adore some hand me downs y'all!  I didn't know anyone with older girls that I could bond with when my daughter was tiny for them.  Now that I have the youngest boy and she has two boys both older than mine I'm reaping the benefit of sister-friendship! 

So the kids were a pure pain in the ass on the way home.  They screamed and cried and screamed more.  We fed them, bathed them, and sent them to bed.  I found this graphic while my kids were acting like little jacks and it made me giggle and sigh...it could always be worse.  HA!

 :

In my fantasy football news...

I haven't checked it.  BUT....I think I may be out of last place!  And I'm super happy I picked up Baltimore's D for this past weekend.  

Now let's have a rockin' week.  Shall we?


xoxoxox
Amanda

Today I am linked up with Johannah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!