Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Tasty Tuesday... Changes Coming!



Admitting I have been so bored with my Tasty Tuesday posts.  To a reader they may not seem like much - three menus (breakfast, lunchbox, dinner) for a week.  I think in my mind somebody would show some interest in getting a recipe.  That didn't happen LOL and that is OK!  

So this week I am going to start experimenting with food posting (again).  Three menus are still on this post and can be found at the very end.  But...I want to get back to what I love.  Talking about food and nutrition.

A little background:  I'm a nerd.

I like nutrition.  I liked sitting in college classes all about nutrition.  That makes me a super nerd.  I get it and I freaking wear that sash and crown like a champion. You know why?  Because it allows me to not fall for fads and not bring you recipes that are not beneficial to your health.

So here's my thinking...Fall is here, it's fresh and new (and still 88 as I type this post up).  Time for me to do what I do best:  Put my skills together and provide you some truly healthy recipes, tips, etc for the season we just jumped into.

My basis for the next four-twelve weeks of TT posts are keeping you healthy during the most unhealthy time of the year.  From October to December we consume so many more naughty calories (carbs, bad fats) and sugar than any other time of the twelve months we call a year.  I think we can blame Halloween candy, cooler temperatures which make baked goods taste all the better, pumpkin pie, Christmas baking, and everything else I failed to mention for this destructive effect on our systems!

Once a week I want to bring you food that is rich in goodness and not rich in adding to those fat stores you think you require during the winter.  Remember you're a human and not a polar bear.

Don't worry most of the recipes I'm working on in my own kitchen are easy.  They don't require special order ingredients or a couple hours to create.  The best bit?  I love utilizing a crock pot.  Is there any better invention for a busy human than the fabulous crock pot?  Exactly - there is not!  And for you who smirked and whispered, "Yeah a drive thru," shame on you.

So next week be prepared for a recipe!  It is like the fresh TT for October!

Now here are the three menus for this week:




I hope, like really hope, you liked this new Tasty Tuesday!

And tonight...I'm having some birthday cake!  My grandma is 90 years old today!  She may not remember us thanks to Alzheimer's Disease but we have many wonderful memories of her.  Tonight she'll be very confused as we celebrate her life.  My wonderful aunt celebrated her own birthday on Sunday so we'll have cake in her honor too.  I just love some birthday cake!  Even if it does me I have to pull a few extra miles working out!

“Sprinkles + @littlecatdesignco_shop toppers  Cake by @__sammyflowers”:

xoxoxox-

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!