Monday, September 5, 2016

And Labor Day Wraps It Up

Brownie World is sad today.  As we celebrate this last day of what we consider summer there are tears shed.  The pool will be closing up soon.  The long days will turn shorter.  The pretty green outdoors will fade to gold, red, and orange.  I'm never ready for my favorite season to disappear because I know I have winter awaiting me behind the curtain of fall.

Thank God I don't live in the north.  I would bizerk.

To celebrate this holiday of work I have been working on culminating some pictures from our summer of sixteen to share and enjoy as we move into pumpkins, apples, leaves, football, and 
bonfires.



Memorial Day 2016 - Date night at the lake!


Well here's a selfie LOL from that afternoon!


Chicken Coop Completed!


June brought the last day of second grade!



And we hosted a pool party was for our second grade friends!




A new horse for C this summer!  Heidi has been a fabulous addition.  My girl  also enjoyed her first rodeo this summer!


My flowers were awesome this year.  I'm adding more next year!




My dude and I spent Father's Day doing what we love - kayaking the Yadkin!  One day we'll get our own kayaks and not borrow my dad's.


Summer is not summer without multiple Vacation Bible Schools to attend!  The kids enjoyed four this year!


I made a best blogger friend who sent me the sweetest package.  Andrea, thank you!  I have something up my sleeve for fall.  Shhh.


Pool Days GALORE this summer!  I think in all we swam on average four days a week.  I'm happy to report the pool now has a bathroom and storage room nearly completed!


July 4th weekend was so much fun enjoying the tractor show in our home town.  We took a hayride downtown, raced wheelbarrows, and waited on a cow to poop!  On the actual holiday we ate at my mom's and then headed to see Finding Dory.  Some time that day Strep Throat took hold of this mama.  Uncool.


My summer was made refreshing thanks to my friends rum and rum.


Hanging out in the backseat of Nana's car!  We had a nice little weekend/week for the kids at the beach with my mom and her husband!



I read a lot this summer!  


Date nights are extra precious, we had fun bowling in early August with another couple!



Once we found out milkshakes were $1.99 at Sheetz the kids were getting them on the regular!


Our annual beach trip was super fun.  The kids loved every second of it!





And to close it up...my boy turned four years old!


There's our summer in a nutshell.  And now to make fall plans...

Enjoy your day, sweet friends!



xo -

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!