Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Fall Transitioning (Fashion When It's Still 85 Degrees!)

Pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin decorations, Halloween costumes, seasonal candies, apple season...it sure does sound like fall!  There are times that my riding boots and jeans sound super enticing and then I walk outside.  Though the seasons are about to change (tomorrow) for many of us it is still very much summer!



I have really enjoyed transition blog pieces lately.  Yesterday as I was getting ready to go to a meeting of sorts for the evening I decided why not post my own!  I cannot be the only one living in a less than autumn-esque atmosphere right now.  When I say atmosphere I'm totally meaning it the weather slash earthy way!  

Most of you know that I am blogging from North Carolina and North Carolina weather is the stuff mania was made of.  We can be thirty degrees on Christmas or eighty degrees.  In the summer it can be seventy-two and sunny or a hundred and nine with thunder storms on the horizon.

Currently - though retail tells us it is fall - it is about eighty three with a high humidity level.  Not exactly PSL drinking weather...unless it is iced!

Today I have two outfits that I consider transitional styles for myself here in the middle of NC.  My first one you may have seen on Monday!  It was the outfit I wore to church Sunday morning.


I bought that dress at Old Navy in May on my girl's beach trip.  I ADORE that dress.  It is a spaghetti strap sundress with a fain sweet heart neckline.  It has a classic paisley print and is just way too easy to wear!  Though you cannot really see the coloring of the dress it is a creme with the paisley pattern being made of pinks and purples and hints of red.  It all comes together for a relaxed muted and quite simple dress.  When you have an article of clothing you love so much you stretch it from May to October!

I stretch this dress through the seasons by pairing it with my Gap denim jacket that I may have had since 2003.  Don't you LOVE classic pieces?  That has truly been the best denim jacket ever.  The best part is when it is chilly it keeps me warm!  Though our days are still hot and sticky this jacket is perfect for those cool mornings and crisp evenings.

Check the dogs, y'all.  I am a flip flop girl but I am also a flats junkie too!  I love a good pair of flats.  Most of the ballerina flats I have I literally wear the soles off of in a season.  The ones I paired with this transition ensemble are from Target (last year) and are patent flesh colored basic flats.  They are comfortable and don't take away from the dress - which is what I was looking for.

If you don't have a pair of flesh toned flats or heels go get some now!


And outfit number two!  So you need to know that my daughter is all about taking pictures and that kind of helped to birth this whole idea of posting what I'm wearing right now.  I haven't gave her my "better" camera to use so ahem, yeah.

I had a PTO meeting to attend at her school last night.  You must know my regular daily wardrobe is running shorts and tank tops.  Sometimes I need to put those to the side and wear real clothing.  Honestly, I don't mind that!

I pulled out my Ann Taylor Dark Wash jeans, a.n.a. leopard print (that's what it is, I know its hard to see) butterfly style top with the cinched bottom and romantic sleeve and tie neckline, along with my super comfy black strappy wedges from Naturalizer.  

Personally, the dark jean is always a favorite and also says - Hey you, summer's light wash can be given a break now.  I also feel like the darker wash gives a more posh and put together look when you want to be a blue jean baby!

Honestly, this outfit screams at me that it is fall.  The colors along with leopard (though to me it is a neutral 24/365) really make me think of cooler days with soup on the menu and cooler evenings with good television and Cabernet!


So there you have it!  That is how I am transitioning to fall here in North Carolina.  Keeping it cool but accepting the fact that yes - we may get some seventy degree days at some point!

Hey, I'm featured today over on The Blended Blog for the Pinterest 5 Post I did last week on my fall fashion looks I love!  Go check it out if you can!  Thank you, Deena!!!




xoxoxox-
Amanda




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!