Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Tasty Tuesday - 3 More Menus

Another week and another set of menus.  Something about me having to keep my family nourished...apparently I'm the only one who lives off coffee up in here!


Oatmeal is such a great breakfast even if you are counting carbs.  Yes, it is high in carbohydrates but these are the ones that stick with you and actually help keep your blood sugar stable.  That counts as a pro for any age person.  

I don't like my oatmeal to be in the bowl alone.  I find it depressing.  So I make my oatmeal a party with diced apple, raisins, and some banana.  Other great additions are blueberries and blackberries!  A bit of 100% Maple Syrup never hurt a soul.

Another note about carbs...

I find I do best when I take in my carbs at breakfast.  As I mentioned a moment ago - good complex ones help stabilize blood sugar and in the morning you need it!  Go for your carb load now but try to keep it under thirty!


This week I'm going Bento with the lunchbox.  My daughter will really appreciate it.  My son is used to it so he won't notice!  I love the idea of Bento because it is like offering up a sampler platter to your child.  What kid doesn't like samples upon samples of food?  Plus, if you have a picky eater this can be the trick to having them actually eat their lunch!

I pack more than is listed but I wanted you to see the main fare for the week!


Is it weird to admit that cooking dinner is a major destressor for me?  It really is!  Lately, my four year old has been wanting to help prepare meals.  Even with that little monkey in the kitchen with me I'm still totally relaxed.  

I have four dinners listed because I'm only cooking for four nights.  I swear!  Right now it is looking like Friday will be our night out but it could easily be Tuesday since we have PTO.  

Taco Tuesday reigns supreme in our house and I'm very excited to make Emily's recipe.  I haven't linked to her because her blog may be currently down.  As soon as I get it I will share.

Speaking of sharing...

I post videos on the blog's Facebook page of one meal a week!  Did you know that?  I also randomly will post a Snap Chat of me putting together a recipe.  So if you see a meal on the blog and you would like to have the recipe - let me know ASAP!

Salmon Croquets can be found here

And that's Tasty Tuesday!

xoxox-
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!