Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Who Ya Rootin' For?

So fall is about five minutes away from here.  Even though the temperature (hello 92) says no and the calendar says we have a few weeks; everything else says we have to be prepped by next Tuesday for it.

And that includes football.

Today I'm linking up with my most favorite Snap Chat buddy - Shelly for her link up Spiel the Beans.  We're talking football and the teams we are supporting this year!

I do like football.  I've always loved sports and going to games.  In college I played intramural flag football and just a few weeks ago I was hoping to find an adult league that is local to play in.  It was just so fun!  Unfortunately, one could not be found.  (However, I did find out that the Carolina Panthers support a spring league for everyone and anyone who is over 18 to play in!)

What I remember best about flag football was my first evening on the field.  I was just ready to run around and play (kind of like a three year old...except I was 22).  One of the guys on the team asked me if I understood what I needed to do and I responded, "It cannot be that hard.  Run fast, beat people up, and try to score the touchdowns."  I got a lot of laughter and they said I would be fine just be careful on the beat people up!

I really feel I should come out of retirement.

So who am I rooting for this season?  Well cue the cheerleaders to spell this out for you!

College Ball means I cheer for many teams but the number one team in my heart of hearts is for a place where I have a gazillion memories...


This is OUR STATE!  Go Wolfpack!

They aren't the best team out there and often times leave me a bit on the sad or numb side of life.  But every year I pull for the Pack.  Maybe this year will be the year...

You will not catch me cheering on a Tar Heel but if I need to pull for a Clemson Tiger I will.  The idea of Duke in football is strange but since they gave up on a basketball team I may can pull out a scream for them.  Wake Forest is in my back yard and since it is Wake Forest I can hoot and holler for them (they're never any good.)  Virginia Tech - what is a hokie?  Why would you pick a turkey for your mascot?  Who cares I'll pull for you when I can.  Cavalier are you?  Virginia never did anything to hurt me so you know what when the time is right I may cheer you on but don't wait around on it.  Georgia Tech: do you guys have a team?  I'm not sure.

I'm talking to ACC teams here obviously.  I'll ignore the other teams that came into and disrupted our nice little conference.

I'm a Wolfpack girl.


NFL, NFL, NFL....There was a point in my life when I stopped watching all professional sports because I felt they were professionally rigged.  Then I got married and had to watch sports like it was a job.

Ha.

Growing up my family consisted of Dolphins, Cowboys, and Forty-Niners fans.

Of course today I would never root on the Cowboys or he Forty-Niners - those are the kids you don't open a seat up for on the bus or let sit on the edge of your lunch table.  Eww, gross.

I remember when the Panthers were birthed and well they are the home team.  I don't care if they totally screwed up their Superbowl chance last year (remember professionally rigged for Peyton to go out in a blaze of glory and yes I like Peyton so this isn't a total slam.)

Since I'm old and remember the dawn of Panther Nation I am a Panther fan.


Plus they have some great talent...


I mean some great talent...just look at that talent.  My oh my.  Hello talent.

So yes, I will pull for the home team though after watching them play last Friday I'm afraid to do so.

Let's do a quick recap -
I'm a State girl and a Panther girl.

But I have love for some other teams too.  That's wrong.  I have some love for some other players too.  I cannot really pull for their teams but I can cheer for them all.day.long.

Edelman & Gronk - daaaaaaamn.

My God I love football.

This year I hope you'll be pulling for another team...


My fantasy team!

SET HUT -
Amanda



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!