Thursday, September 22, 2016

Welcome to Fall 2k16

Well I have to admit now that summer of sixteen is gone.  However, that sweet sweet season failed to take her weather with her so this weekend I believe we'll be close to ninety agrees.  I'll take it! Let me wear my shorts and tanks a little bit longer...oh and flip flops, we cannot forget those!

Fall Sign Chalkboard Art Chalk Art Fall Decor by TheWhiteLime:
Etsy

A couple weeks ago when my wee one was under the weather we got out our fall decorations.  He's four years old so the idea of getting out Halloween stuff delighted him to no end.  Normally, I wait until mid September to put anything fall out and around the very end of September to do anything Halloween.  Needless to say when your babies aren't feeling well you do anything in your power to put a smile on their face.  That included putting out fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving decorations on September 13th.

I am happy to report that I really do not have scads of Halloween decor (I don't go all out but as I get older I'm thinking it would be super fun to do that!) so the small amount we have are not very noticeable. (Ahem...we will probably add to it in a week or so.)

Here are some snaps of our little cozy fall decor (indoors, outdoors is later!)

Thank you Target Dollar Spot!  I also love the black and white horse print I found one day while go through some papers!

This is my favorite piece of antique furniture.  I was excited to pull out the little birds I bought at Target last year.  They seriously just make me happy!  As you can tell there is some Thanksgiving and Halloween going on here.  

Another piece of antique furniture we picked up a couple of months ago!  This piece is in my kitchen.  Thankful sign - Target last year!  I love my Jim Shore carved angels!  I have two and would love to have more.

Some mums and a little fall basket decorating my kitchen as well.






Now on to the bucket list for this season!


Yes, we are hosting an Eat, Drink, & Carve party in October and I am so excited!  I love having sweet friends over to enjoy the seasons with.  We are opting out of a Friendsgiving this year to host this event.  I'm working on a blog post to share the details with you.  Stay tuned!

I love baking in the cooler months.  My kids also LOVE to help me in the kitchen.  Last year I did a pancake series in the fall.  This year I'm changing it up.  Of course stay tuned again!

Date nights are so critical.  All you married women and men know you have to keep them going to keep that connection alive.  This fall I want three (but will gladly take more!)

The football game would make a perfect date!  Don't you agree?

Is it any wonder that my bestie and I have birthdays six days apart?  This year we decided we deserve to celebrate together.  A day away from the kids and to relax and be pampered is on our minds.  Ashley took the first step and told the hubbies on Sunday that we were going to celebrate and they were in charge of the kiddos.  Their answer?  OK, they would get a sitter and go golfing!  BOYS!

Chicken stews and fall are synonymous!  Luckily, we already have one on the calendar.  We really enjoy attending our friends Josh and Heather's yearly stew in November!  Always a fun evening over at their place.  Heather does extremely well making a cozy and cute setting.

I had to add in leaf pile jumping because the kids love it but we don't do it every year.  This year my son looks at the trees every.single.day and tells me it is almost leaf pile time!  This year the kids will have their day in the leaves.  Free fun plus a little work out raking them all up!

So there's my list, pretty simple, I know.  I want to know what you are hoping for for this fall!

xoxoxo-
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!