Thursday, September 8, 2016

Product Review Thursday: Powder Plus Water

Time for another installment of two hot mamas telling you what they think about products sent to them from Influenster - for free, to try, and to share the good or bad news about.

Emily and I link up on Thursday to let you know our differing/similar opinions (you never know) about the products.  Last time we took on Snackwells new biscuit cookies and Shea Moisture's Fruit Fusion Shampoos.  It is safe to say only Emily keeps Snackwells biscuits pumping at the factory!  But we both agreed the Shea Moisture shampoo is worth your buck.

This week we're sharing what we think about three nutritional powder mixes sent to us to try.  We had three each to try.

I want to preface my post by saying I am not a shake person.  Some people live by protein and or meal replacement shakes.  This girl cannot.  I have tried and every time I'm left with a bad taste in my mouth.  Also, I'm not a firm believer in shakes for weight loss.  So many are extremely high in sugar that they are better left in the package.  We won't talk about going off or take a tiny diversion from shake diets and how that impacts your middle (thighs, butt, whatever).

So I'm off my soap box and on to sharing my trials with you...




The first one came from Body Tech and it was Whey Tech Pro 24.  I tried it while I was on vacation because if there is any time you want a protein shake it is before you put on your two piece to go flex on the sand, right?  I followed the directions on the packet and mixed it with 8oz of cold water.

I was very lucky that included in the box was a shaker cup so I mixed it all up and took a gulp...


Well I guess you can figure out how I felt about it.  I just did not have the palate for that mix.  It tasted like something you feed someone who is very, incredibly ill.  Perhaps, what you put in a tube feed.  It was gross.  What could have made it better?  Maybe if it was mixed with milk?  I'm not sure.  This one though - no.

Trial number two!


The Vitamin Shoppe is a fabulous store that I love to visit.  I haven't ever purchased a vitamin infused smoothie from them.  Therefore, this girl was a bit excited to get one to try.  Once again I followed the directions and mixed this one with eight ounces of cold water, shook it up in my container, and took a gulp....

Not too bad but also not too great.  Perhaps if it was to be mixed with milk I would give this a different spin.  Emily mentioned to me that one she felt was a lot like Slim Fast in the taste department and I'm betting this is it.  I actually like Slim Fast Vanilla but I don't have it a lot...well I liked it circa two years ago so if the flavor has changed ignore me all together, ok?  This one gets a thumb up.  I would definetly try it again mixed with skim milk.

And finally trial number three...

PLNT


I guess I had high hopes for this last one.  When you have high hopes you fall exceptionally harder than if you had not so high hopes.  This mix is for those of you with food allergies and it is totally plant based, thus the name.

The morning I mixed this up I was eager to try this shake.  I just knew this would be the winner out of the group.  Guys, I was excited!

Following the directions I poured 10 oz of ice cold water into my cup and then put the packet of mix in.  I immediate noted two things....

1.  Thickener - I'm not used to really noticing thickener in shakes.  Don't get me wrong I know it is there a lot but this was very similiar to...
2.  Tube Feed Mix - It smelled like it.  It looked like it.  It made me want to ralph.

But for you, precious reader, I took a big fat gulp.

And for you reader I will tell you the first thing that my taste buds said to my brain was, "Why the hell are you drinking Play-Doh?"

Another one bites the dust for me.

So there you have it!  My personal take on the shakes offered up in the #Revive box from Influenster.  Check out Emily's reviews to see how she liked them!

Generally a proper Southern Lady, until Panther Season. Then it's game on Bitches!:

Now it is time to celebrate the opening game of the NFL tonight!  Our home team the Carolina Panthers are taking on the Broncos for a Superbowl rematch.  I really hope that since Mr. Manning is at home watching NFL Ticket and penciling in Eli for Tuesday Cam can pull out a good throwing game and get some TD passes to our boys!

Oh and Cam is also my QB for Fantasy so KEEP POUNDING!

xoxox-
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!