Wednesday, August 31, 2016

What's Up Wednesday! (August Edition)

And BOOM summer said peace out just.like.that.


It is Wednesday - the last one of August - and here I am linking back up with The Larson Lingo for What's Up Wednesday!

This week we are eating:


What I posted last week!  I'm posting up menus a week ahead to share what we are eating since I'm suddenly super organized food wise and totally winning right now. OK I may have already deviated and I may not have all the ingredients I set out to get.  But who cares!  I am trying!  We are alive!

Am I reminiscing?
No.  I'm not reminiscing on anything right now.  I'm just living in this moment - this very crazy, chaotic, real life moment of birthdays, back to school, and new schedules.

I am loving....
Life.
It is pretty fabulous.


What we've been up to:



Here's the recap from our last weekend of Summer Break 2016!  We had a terrific summer.  I should have a recap up on Labor Day.

What I'm dreading:
Hmm...nothing.  Wait no I can say I'm dreading the entry of germs back in our bodies and home from school!  Kids are little petri dishes...up the hand washing, sleep, water intake, vitamins.  Let's do this!

What I'm working on:

Three new garden/flower beds to play with!

My home!  The outside and inside.  I'm hoping to reorganize the house once the kids are back in school.  I'm not working every day so I should be able to do this over the course of September.  My husband built me three raised gardens and a fire pit so I need to make it useful and pretty!  When the weather cools down a bit I'll be working on my other flowers beds.  I'm a summer girl but I appreciate fall's beauty.

What I'm excited about!
Definitely carbs.. I be hangry!!! :p:
Or maybe she's had too many carbs and is going crazy....just sayin'

Working out.  I know - it's lame.  But seriously it is my mental break and I appreciate that.  Follow my Blog & Jogs on Snapchat!  (abullnojoke)

What I'm watching:

Teresa Giudice Has Had It With 'Crazy' Jacqueline Laurita After She Randomly Calls Joe Gorga To Make Amends! See The RHONJ Drama!:
These two - eye roll.
RHOC - I'm still hating on Vickie and now that psychotic Kelly.  Tamara is two faced as they come.  Shannon is quirky and I kind of like her this year.  Heather is my favorite so far.  And the super skinny one, whose name escapes me I like her.  Yeah Edmonds girl whatever her name is. LOL
RHNJ - Crazy group of hoes.  I said it and I mean it LOL!
RHNYC - It is already over?!?!?  Still hating on LuAnn and Dorinda.  This group is also starting to age a little less well than before.  Maybe I'm the only person who sees this but they just aren't a very attractive group of females at midlife.  OF course I'm sure they all look way better than I will at their ages because I don't have a plastic surgery fund going right now...

What I'm reading:
Eleanor & Park - it is actually a young adult book but I think I'm a young adult so I read it.  I fall into books like this so easy and love them to pieces!
I am also reading Real Simple mag and Women's Health mag LOL.

What I'm listening to:
The Crossfit mix on Amazon.  It is good to jog to! Britney is back and I'm stoked.  The video is a little raunchy but hello it is Britney, bitch.


 I also am into the new Pink and Kenny Chesney song and normally I'm like booooo! on ole KC.  Sorry, not sorry.

All summer my child jammed out to Kids Bop and I feel like I know all the Top 40 hits - super clean versions.  I'm kind of glad that I'm not hearing those children constantly sing right now!
A kid I love to hear sing is my four year old!  That boy is so happy!

What I'm wearing:
Work out clothing.  But over the weekend I changed it up a bit!  I've been wanting to actually look nice as of late.  I miss my nice clothes, make up, jewelry, and pretty hair. Wait, I still wear make up so whew we're good there!

What I'm doing this weekend???
Last year...she was about to turn 8!


Hello!  I have a slumber party birthday shin dig to host!  My little girl is turning nine years old on Sunday and we're having six friends over for the night.  We're going to stuff ourselves on Mexican food and birthday cake.  I have a movie on queue and did someone say mani pedi?

Since it is a long weekend and my husband is going on a guy's trip to the coast fishing...I plan to spend Sunday night or Monday doing something I want to do...alone!  I'm thinking coffee er cabernet and a book!

What I'm looking forward to in September is...


The Goldbergs

The return of regular television (ABC and more great Bravo shows like Below Deck!)
Getting used to our new schedule(s).
I don't really have any trips or things lined up in September so maybe we'll be chilling out and enjoying what is left of summer and the gradual cool down into fall.

What else is new?



For the first time I have a Fantasy Football team.  Oh.my.Lord.


Now it is your turn!  What is up this last Wednesday of August with you?!?!

xo-
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!