Saturday, September 7, 2013

What's for Dinner?

Sup Saturday!

My beloved Wolfpack is playing the Richmond Spiders today - who?  Yeah that's what I said.  Go PACK!  We're birthday partying this weekend with friends.  But until we head out with presents in hand I'm scrubbing the house a bit.

Today's post is my new weekly:  What's For Dinner?

I do my grocery shopping on Fridays while the girl is in school.  It is kind of like me and the boy time.  We hit up Aldi and also get lunch.  I really enjoy our time even though he's tiny and he'll never remember it.

I base my grocery list solely around what we are eating for dinner and lunch.  Remember I am queen of the tightwads and that means I don't want to spend money on crap we don't need...at all.


Last week I posted some meals we were going to try.  Some of you who follow my blog may remember this post.  Well, I tried two of those recipes and here's the conclusion on each:


Chicken Fajita Pizza - probably not making it again.  It was basically a wannabe TexMex on a pizza crust and didn't make us go yumm-o.


Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops - um I may try this again with a shorter cooking time in the crock pot.  I felt they were too dry.


So what's the plan for this week dinner wise?

Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches - probably using {my recipe} from this past winter
Shrimp n Rice - a southern fave!
Sketti - because it is a much needed staple with young kids
Chili - because according to mainstream everything fall started last week (yet the temps are still 80+)...

I'm also planning on sending some leftovers in the lunchbox with my Diva.  She has to be bored with sandwiches.

What are you cooking up next week?  Or this weekend?







1 comment:

  1. I definitely want to have chili this week. Maybe I'll turn the AC down and pretend it's cold :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!