Thursday, September 5, 2013

The first week of preschool for me

Some of you know I started my new adventure working part time at a local preschool this week.  For a few weeks I have been working with my lead-ing lady Mrs. Kenzie on bulletin boards and ideas to gear up for our little friends arrival and time spent with us in the land of playing and learning.

As the first week wraps up I want to take a minute to recap what a great experience this has been so far.

1.  I couldn't ask for a better set of co workers.

Mrs. Kenzie and Mrs. Louisa are such awesome women.  Any parent who sends their little lovies to these women need not worry in the slightest.  Their kind demeanor and mama skills along with that professional edge really are the perfect recipe for a successful batch of happy preschoolers.  

2.  These kids are stinkin' adorable.

Ok thank goodness they don't really stink because at the preschool age accidents happen -haha.  However, we have eleven of the cutest junior mints you have ever laid your eyes on.  They each have such an awesome personality in their little 3 foot tall frames.  Some have the biggest voices, most creative minds, and sweetest nature you have ever been around.  We have those that keep us on our toes and those that are the calmest little sweeties you've ever been around.  They have the cutest accents and voices.  Their little smiles will turn you to mush.  We are really blessed to have such a colorful and exciting group.

3.  Time at preschool flies by.

This could be a me only thing but those 3.5 hours I am there seem to go by so incredibly quickly!  I can see that time to children is obsolete.  However, time to parents is fleeting.  These years before the Kindergarten bus comes by really does fly by.  That whole Kenny Chesney song Don't Blink does not do justice to the speed at which these children will grow and pass from preschool to elementary to middle to high to college.  I wish the parents could grasp that with their first children - enjoy every minute of this time when they still have some baby in them but foster that growth they need to be independent and self sufficient.

4.  I need a nap time.

After three hours with miniature humans who hit the ground running....I could use a good mat, blankie and lights out.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!