Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Weekend Recap



After yesterday's post you are probably going "what" on today's post.  Trust:  I know it isn't the end of the weekend but nearly the start of a new one.  I just have to tell you, I wasn't sure I wanted to relive the weekend of dairy take down.  So I'm going to recap the weekend minus any mention of burps, sulfur, death by moo cow, etc.

My baby is one!  Photo:  Nicole Koontz Photography



Friday

My son is one. When you turn one you get to go to the doctor.  We spent Friday afternoon at the doctor for his well baby check.  He was a charmer and quite the pick pocket!  While the doctor was chatting with me he decided to empty her pockets without either of us noticing.  OH MY!

He did great and checked out textbook style perfect.  That is a blessing!  Our little guy weighs 24lbs and is 32 inches long and made it through five vaccinations like a charm (a crying charm but a charm).

Friday night was lazy.  It started raining and I picked up chicken wings and beer to celebrate a lazy evening in.  I enjoyed the wings as did my hubby.  

I was in bed by 8:55PM.


Saturday

My hubby had to work so the kids and I went to IHOP.  I decided my normal 2x2x2 wasn't what I really wanted on this particular morning.  I opted to try something new and am I happy I did?  Yes!  I opted for the Bananas Foster Briochet.  Get it, get it, get it.  It is basically french toast but ermagherd ya'll.  I could only eat one piece of the three they served me.

Aldi was our next stop.  Pretty boring trip.

The rain was coming down and the sky was terribly grey.  My daughter made her way to her favorite aunt's for the afternoon.  I decided staying in the house would be mentally unstable so me, hubby, baby, and my brother headed to the mall.  I tell you if you need to feel semi normal just go to the mall on a Saturday afternoon.  In one trip we saw the Hispanic Dolly Parton, the cast of the new Revenge of the Nerds 2013 edition, and some things I don't think my eyes were meant to see.  I expected to have nightmares for many nights ahead but luckily haven't had a one.


The daughter decided to spend the night with Nana.  Me and the hubby curled up on the couch and watched Dr. Pol.  I was in bed by 10PM.



Sunday

Sunday started super early for me as the alien in my intestines was birthed.  I slept most of the Sunday morning.  My husband rocks because he cleaned the house while I was sleeping.  Sunday afternoon was kick butt awesome.  The baby took a really long nap and the hubs and I did some yard work.  We love yard work.  My butterfly bushes are cut back until next year and my beautiful flower bed in the back is cleaned up and ready for some fall decor.

I made those Crock Pot Steak Fajitas for dinner....very delicious.  You guys should try them, you will love them.

It felt great to be feeling 100% again.

The daughter came home and I reminded her that Monday was pajama day at school to which she thought I was lying.  

Turns out she wore her pajamas to school.....just like everyone else haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!