Friday, September 6, 2013

Five on Friday


Shut the front door!  It is time for Five on Friday babies!


1.  A new schedule.

Since this was my first week of actually going out to forage berries for the family I had to get used to a new schedule.  Actually we ALL have had to adjust to the change.  I've never been one to mind getting up early (ok that all happened post college so the I've never been on to mind should read:  I've never been one to mind since about 2008).  Now I'm getting up before the sun so I can pack lunches, pack diaper bags, pack other bags, have some coffee in the silence, read a few of my fave blogs, etc.  The baby is up earlier because he gets to go play with other tiny humans in the mornings.  The kid well she is in this thing called "real school" now.  The hubby....he's on his own clock so we won't go there LOL!

The coolest part of this whole schedule change is that when I get home and Little Man is being carried in he is always so incredibly sleepy (thank you Ms. Carter and Mr. Grayson for that, I really appreciate it) so I can put him down for at least a one hour nap before the big kid is ready to come home from school.



2.  The Return of Friday.

It has been a long time since I felt the happiness the word Friday brings.  When you are a strictly stay at home mom you get that whole whoop dee doo it is Friday and who cares I'll be doing the same thing I did Monday-Thursday Friday-Sunday.  Now I find myself getting excited to have three full days to play catch up on nearly everything!

3.  Denim.

I scored a couple of great deals at the local Walmart last week.  I really didn't have a lot of "wear out of the house" clothing pieces.  Seriously, my wardrobe has consisted of shorts and NC State shirts (GO PACK).  So as I was walking through Walmart I noticed they had some "clearance" signs up over in the non-trailer park junior hoe department.  I thought, "Lets see..."

I'm so glad I did!  I scored a pair of Lee capri denim pants in dark wash.  They were regularly $15.94 and I got them for $7 - awesome sauce.  These things fit great too.  I found out I really liked Lee pants after a trip to Kohl's last year.  I tried on every brand under the sun (apart from store brands since they don't sale much Ann Taylor at the old Kohl's) and found that the Lee offered a great fit for my body type.  By the way my clothier of choice is Ann Taylor but seriously that girl hasn't cut me a good deal since I haven't had a great job in a few years.


Oh and I am really picky about denim....that's a whole blog post coming up soon.

I just found these for sale on ebay in a lot

4.  More shoes!

Remember those Dr. Scholl's pink throw back shoes I posted that I adored?  Yeah, I scored a "denim" pair also on that little trip to the Walmart for $6 on clearance.  I decided to go a size down - bad idea but I'll make them work.

5.  New transitional nail polish.



I wanted to find a good color of polish that wasn't quite dark and dramatic for the impending fall but not so incredibly bright and cheery it screams out Memorial Day weekend.  So I opted for Wet N Wild Just Picked Megalast polish.  Its a nice shade that is fun and pretty but also says "I am preparing for navy, brown, and merlot...in baby steps."


You guys should know I love this polish because it has the great manicure, wide brush on it.  Even when I have to use my left hand I can do a pretty good job.  (I'm a righty making me left side stupid!)

Tell me your five!  See you guys this weekend I bet!




2 comments:

  1. great choice on the polish girl. it's time to go darker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "non-trailer park junior hoe department" comment--my Walmart seems to have too much of that. I need to check these jeans out!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!