Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Little Thanks

Kindergarten has been in session for three weeks and already my little Diva has been overtaken by strep throat (Labor Day weekend) and a stomach bug (yesterday).  Bless her heart.  I was at work when my mom called me to tell me she was sick at school.  She had thrown up.  I remember being a little kid and puking at school - bad memories.  

I am so grateful for my aunt who was able to go pick her up and bring her to me when I got Little Man home after work.  

There are a lot of blessings in life that we say thank you for.  All too often we say thank you for the "big" blessings like promotions, new jobs, staying healthy.  We need to remember say thanks the little things that make the biggest impact on our every day lives.

I'm thankful for the fact my mom teaches at my daughter's school.
I'm thankful for an aunt who lives just a few seconds away and can be my saving grace when I'm at work or in a bind.
I'm thankful for coworkers who let me squeeze out when we're down to one child on the playground so I can get to my babies.
I'm thankful for cell phones that allow people to reach me quickly.
I'm thankful for pedialyte.
I'm thankful for a comfy couch, soft blanket, and HUB network.

None of that is "huge" but to me it is phenomenal.

What small things that you regularly take for granted are you thankful for as you read this post? Share them with me in the comments section or email or FB inbox.  Remind me of the small things I am forgetting.



1 comment:

  1. Nice reminder Brownie! I too am thankful for the small things as well as the amazing blessings that come our way! Thankful for our climate that is mild in NC comparatively. So thankful for our freedom to worship (which is huge really.) Thankful for so much grace and mercy as well as unseen forces which protect us and our children that we aren't even aware of. We do have so much to be thankful for, especially on this day when we remember 9/11 tragedy and all the calamities happening currently in the world. That God's presence gives us peace in the midst of trials and He is faithful no matter what.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!