Monday, September 16, 2013

Weekend Update

*Friday*

This is how our day started:

Nicole and I chasing Little Man for his One Year Photography Session!  Her work is amazing.  Seriously, anyone in my area (Piedmont Triad of NC) needs to book with her.  She has the most amazing patience and beautiful ideas and creativity that is out of this world.  We both were sweating by the end of the session because babies can really have you on your toes...at all times!

Please take time to check out her {website} and go ahead and BOOK IT WITH HER!  Let her know Brownie World sent you.  I'll have more pictures later.


I don't know exactly what it is but looking at my little guy in her work really made the whole - Little Man is ONE! hit me.  My baby is growing so incredibly fast.


After our photography session we were home and boy did that little guy want to nap.  He took a great morning nap so I could do what I love....read blogs!  There are so many awesome women out there that love blogging as much as I do.  I hope one day I can be on their level of awesome.  Check out my profile to see who I follow regularly!

Friday afternoon looked like this:

Grocery trip for the week @ Aldi

Dinner from KFC - this NEVER happens at our house.  I'm not a fried chicken fan but for the first time in a LONG time I was down with the Colonel.

Friday night was something like this:

The guy from Dateline.  Yep, we watched Dateline - this is my favorite journalist on the show...he can really make you think about a chicken nugget, postcard, whatever.  His voice is crazy!  This week was looking at the Fundamentalist LDS church - sorry to offend anyone but they are freaking psycho.  

*Saturday*

The morning looked like this:

Mopping floors....trying to the house in a bit of order.

The afternoon looked like this:


My best friend Ashley came down and we went shopping!  We had such a great time together.  We hit up Carters, Kohl's, Target, Texas Roadhouse, and a local consignment shop.  Oh....and we ended our day with a trip to:



Saturday night looked like this:



Yep, that's right you only see 2 names on that score board because we got a date night!  Our first one since June!!!  Nicole offered to keep our kids for us to have some time.  I had her kids after school one day this past week since she travels with her photography.  Perfect trade off I tell you.

We had a pretty much teenage date night.  Dinner was at Cook Out, then we had to go get chicken  feed (ok that may not be too teen), and we rounded out our time at the bowling alley.  

That date night was much needed.  I'm excited that we have another one in a couple weeks!


*Sunday*

Ahh the joys of coffee and the newspaper.  Yep, that's what we did.  Then headed to church.  The rest of our day was pretty lazy.

I got some girl time with my Diva.  We hit up the shoe store and got her some black mary janes for church.  They had a BOGO sale so I also scored a pair of navy loafers.

My mom had us over for a steak dinner.  Yumm-o.  Then we came home and chillaxed until bed time (which was about 9pm because I was worn out).

Pretty awesome weekend?  Oh yeah!  How about yours?







1 comment:

  1. Wow, I wanna hang with you on the weekend!
    That photo is gorgeous, and the grass on his feet makes it even better!

    I've never been to Aldi. We have one here but I've always heard mixed reviews about it. maybe I'll have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!