Friday, September 13, 2013

Five on Friday!

Hey you...it is Friday!

1.  Shutterfly - free 8x8 book.

Yes I finally moved the pictures from the hard drive to the tangible life we lead.  Shutterfly offered a free 8x8 photo book (expired 9/11) and I took advantage of it.  It took some coaxing because I never get pictures any of my time (I have a blog right?) but I did it.  I cannot wait to get it.

2.  Kids do say the darndest things.

Three days a week we have a few three year olds in our preschool class (of 4s & 5s) and one is a little girl.  She came into school on Wednesday with a pony tail band on her upper arm.  It looked like it hurt considering little ones have that soft supple skin.  Turns out it was her comfort for the day.  She had told her mommy that she had to wear it old people couldn't or they would turn into elephants.  Glad to know that!


3.  The Aviator's Wife

So I got this book not because I wanted to read it but because it was the only thing on the shelf I could make myself read.  It was really good.  It is the fictional tale of Anne Lindbergh (Charles Lindbergh's "wife").  What a heart wrenching read.  It took me three weeks to get through it because of the jobs of a mama but I can tell you I did read every night wondering what would happen next to this woman who lived her life for someone else.  Pick it up if you're looking for something different to read.


Keurig

4.  FREE Keurig Coffee Maker.

Are you kidding me?  No.  Turns out on Thursday I was contacted to find out if I was interested in a free Keurig.  I said, "Free?"  They said, "Totally free."  So in a few days I'll be saying thank you to a delivery dude as I prepare to fix my first K cup.  Do you want a free Keurig?  Turns out they are doing "coffee maker trade-ins" all across the country as we prep for the chilly season!  If you live in my area you can head to Greensboro on Saturday and try for a spot in line to trade in your old joe maker for a Keurig.

Greensboro, NC Dates:

  • Thursday, Sept. 12, 10 a.m. – TBD at Center City Park in downtown Greensboro
  • Saturday, Sept. 14, 10 a.m. – TBD at Greensboro Coliseum
  • Sunday, Sept. 15, 10 a.m. – TBD at Bur-Mil Park in Greensboro
  • Tuesday, Sept. 17, 11 a.m. – TBD at Center City Park in downtown Greensboro
  • Sunday, Sept. 21, 10 a.m. – TBD at Bur-Mil Park in Greensboro
  • Wednesday, Sept. 25, 10 a.m. – TBD at Greensboro Coliseum


5.  NCSU Football.

I don't care for professional sports but I like my collegiate crew.  My Pack started strong, barely got by the Spiders, and this week meet up with some ferocious Tigers.  I'm pulling for the Pack this weekend but if you are a Pack fan you are always prepared for upset.  No matter what GO PACK!



4 comments:

  1. I ordered a free book too! I love getting those promotions every once and a while. Sure, I'll pay a couple bucks shipping charge for a free book!

    Our Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl put your band on so you don't turn into an elephant! How hilarious! And GO YOU ON THE FREE COFFEE MAKER! hell yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the free Keurig! We've had a basic one for a few years now and love it for the convenience. The new ones look so fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same - straight college football for our household!!!
    Steph
    Tailgate Queen - game day dresses

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!