Saturday, September 28, 2013

What's For Dinner?


Hi honey!  It is time to whip up some good recipes for the week ahead.  Are you ready?  Good c'mon!

This week I'm craving soup.  Oh my gosh I think soup is probably one of my most favorite foods on the face of the earth.  I adore the rich creaminess of cream based soups.  I love the lightness of the broth or water based soups.  Right now, as I type this, I am salivating.  

Jamie Cooks It Up!
Meal Number 1:  Potato Soup

If I could have any soup right now I would want potato soup.  To me nothing screams fall or winter as much as piping hot bowl of this carbohydrate goodness.  I have made several recipes for potato soup and I am always searching for a new one.  I stumbled upon this one on The Nest and it linked me to {Jamie Cooks It Up (cool site)}!  I am so trying this out this week.

I can tell you if you want to save on cash and calories you can opt for bacon bits in place of bacon and the milk of your choice in place of half and half.  Just remember when you take cream away and use milk you will lose a lot of the thickness of the dish.  Don't worry about the taste!  Also, if you want to purchase some chicken stock in place of bullion cubes you can do that too.  As always if you are afraid of trying substitutes then just do not do it!

Making our Marx


Meal 2:  Crock Pot BBQ Chicken


We haven't had bbq chicken in a long time.  I am not a big fan of barbecue sauce so when I decide I want some you better watch out.  I was playing on Pinterest and stumbled upon this awesome make ahead for the freezer to eventually throw in the crock pot. Actually, its more than just an awesome pin it is a freakin' awesome blog and this one pin led me to the mecca of freezer meals destined for the crock pot.  {Go here, learn here, love here!}

Pizzetti [Pizza & Spaghetti Casserole]

Meal 3:  Easy Go To?



Duh guys....spaghetti!  If you have small kids you know the power of the "sketti" just make sure the baby is diaper only and the big kid is wearing play clothes!  If you want to change up your spaghetti night then how about this really cool recipe? {Pizetti}!  Part pizza part spaghetti!  Mama Mia!  This comes from the blog:  The Best Blog Recipes.  Now that's a cool blog for you guys to check out!

Image for Chicken Fajita Grilled Cheese
Ziplist is where I found this deliciousness!

Meal 4:  Tex Mex Grilled Cheese

You knew I had to throw in something Mexican right?  I decided to totally mix it up this week and do a sandwich to serve up with some veggie sides.  This caught my eye and my taste buds!  Check it out by going to {Ziplist!}

Lets chat briefly about making things healthier:
Instead of ground beef?  Ground Turkey
Cheese?  Use half the amount and remember to buy cheese made with skim or 2% milk
High fat?  For nearly every high fat item there is a lower fat substitute, do your research.
Grease?  Blotting really takes TONS of calories away.
Salt?  Cut it!  Make yourself purchase LOW SODIUM options.
As always compliment your meals with a nice glass of water - zero calories, fat, sodium (sometimes).

So there are my four for the week....what are you eating on?  I love new recipes so shoot them my way and you'll get all the credit on the blog!  Thanks for reading!

Have an awesome Sunday & Catch me Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!