Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday 5!


Well hello Friday!
I have an admission:
I am not looking forward to you very much.
Why Brownie?
Because we have the baby's one year check up today.
That translates to:  shots, blood draw, and having to sit in a closet of a room for endless amounts of time because as everyone knows a doctor's office is the closest thing to purgatory we non-Catholics get.

Ok lets focus on the five things for this week.


1.  Mean Moms Rule!

 I'm what society calls a mean mom and I'm pretty damn proud of it.  My kids are not my mirror they are my humans I was put in charge of to make sure they do not grow up to be a slack, hands out, evil, sociopaths.  

You can imagine the absolute joy I felt when I found the book Mean Moms Rule.  LOOK BROWNIE YOU ARE NOT ALONE!  It was as if God Himself shifted my vision to the book sitting there on the library shelf.  The book is terrific.  Its perfect for a new parent who is so screw balled from parenting books and magazines and what mom of the minute is saying you should do.  I highly recommend this read to anyone who needs some assistance in trying to correct the damage they are doing to themselves and their children in the area of parenting.

*Disclaimer - I love my kids a whole lotta bunches.  I'm just way over the masses of parents who are raising their kids to think the world owes them something or the earth was created just for them and it is all rainbows and butterflies.

Yeah she was stoked to say the least.  She unwrapped it, read the directions, and said "mama you have to make some coffee!"


2.  My new Keurig.

It came on Wednesday morning.  Had the FedEx guy been literate it would have came on Tuesday.  My child was more excited than me!  She carefully dismantled it from the box, read the instructions to me, and then with great passion said, "Mama you have to make you some coffee NOW!"  I did!  Yummy!


3.  Practicing my Mary-ness.

This week I have practiced my Mary self.  Remember my blog post back when about being more of a Mary than a Martha?  Yeah so this week I have allowed myself some time before work to get coffee and a muffin and hang out alone in the Dunkin Donuts with no worries.  I have also allowed myself some time to just sit back and read (even though it was like ten minutes).  I'm also giving myself some blog reading time for a few minutes a day to keep up with my blog friends.  You should practice your Mary-ness unless you're always a Mary and need a can of Martha opened up on you.


4. Fall

So Sunday it will be officially fall.  I have made peace with the end of summer and am very happy that fall is officially starting.  I really do love the season - secretly it may just be my favorite when I think of all the fun things we do in the two months we actually lump in the fall category (Oct/November).  I love the weather....pumpkins.....mums....Halloween....fall festivals.....hayrides.....birthdays.....


5.  That chili!

Last Saturday I featured a {chili recipe} from a reader.  Um yes we will be eating it again!  IT was delicious!  I love when readers share recipes.  Feel free to share one with me and I'll spot light it on Saturdays!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!