Monday, September 9, 2013

Weekend Recap!


Better weekend than Labor Day?  Oh yeah, thank goodness!  Here's a recap of what happened in Brownie Land.

*Friday*



To wrap up celebrating the big sixth birthday of the Diva she had her best friend over.  I picked them both up from school, we snacked, and then they played and played and played.  It is amazing what both of these girls are picking up from school, having only been in two weeks now!  The Diva is very Valley Girl/Teacher all of a sudden and the best friend may be a great soap opera actress in her future.  I think they could both do great fill in roles on The Young & The Restless.


Little Man enjoyed observing the girls.


After lots of playing, lots of dramatics, and a couple Happy Meals I took the "BFF" home.  It was nice having a moment of adult time chatting with Nicole.  I even walked away with an armload of fall winter hand me downs!  Now that rocks out.



Thank you Nicole!

One thing we chatted about was date nights with 2+ children.  See, when you have one child it is super easy to have date nights because everyone offers to keep the kid.  When you increase your brood by just one that ease of date night disintegrates into no offers or an offer to take one of the two (or three in her case).  The point of date night is time minus any children.  When you have to split them up into different households so you can have an adult dinner in peace it just wears you out having to pick them up from different locations and get them home in one piece with no fits or falling out with caramel all over them in the car seat.

It is hard to find someone you can trust to watch the kids for a couple hours.  I used to babysit in my teen years for a teacher.  I worked for her nearly every weekend because I lived for that twenty bucks for six hours (yep that's what I got).  Six hours?  Yes up to six.  She and her husband were young and liked to party on the weekends.  My new mission is to find a teenager I trust to watch my kids a couple hours here and there.  



Friday night my Little Man sported his new Halloween pajamas....love love love Halloween jammies!!!

*Saturday*

Dear Hubby works two Saturdays a month and this was his working one.  I mopped floors, updated the bloggy poo, and helped the extremely whiney Diva straighten up her room.

A friend of my husband's opened a very short-lived coffee shop in our little town last year.  Read:  short-lived.  It has officially closed and he gave us a bag of his coffee - oh man it is so good.  I wish I had a few more bags.  The moral of that story I will not go into is this:  Never go into a business without researching it and building a plan.  I killed that coffee all morning!







I went ahead and put out some (think minimal people) of our fall decorations.  I decided when it is time for them to come down for construction then I'll just pack them away at that time.  There is no need in not enjoying the season while I can!

I didn't go overboard - just a little here and there.  That framed piece is a printable that is so cool.  You can check out the printables (they are free) here.

Saturday afternoon my mom stopped by.  She had a bag of goodies from a clothing exchange she had hit up. Little Man scored some more outfits and Diva got an American Girl set for her new doll.

I have vowed to skip Consignment Sales this year.  I'm seriously over them.  For the prices people stick on used merchandise I can go buy brand new items.

By 2:00 Saturday afternoon my get up and go had got up and went.  I had to re-juice and get my Happy Birthday pants on.  Our friend L was turning one and we were off to celebrate with him!

The Birthday Boy - only had my cell camera on me.  He's so sweet!

The lake by the shelter where the party was.  I had never heard of this place before Lake Thoma Lex I believe is the name.  Cute place.

My kids were soooo tired!  


When we returned around 5:45 I was pooped.  However, we had to eat.  So I had some chicken tenderloins and boiled them, shredded them, took half and mixed with a bit of melted butter and black pepper (for the kids) and the other half I mixed with melted butter and wing sauce.  DELISH! The hubby picked up some potato salad on the way home from our local Food Lion.  I am a Southern girl who loves mustard base potato salad he however prefers only mayonnaise based.  So he got his and I slowy vomited as I ate a few bites.

Bed time for the baby was full of him exploring and trying to figure out how his smart table works.  I turned out the lights and wrapped him in his blanket and got his elephant and rocked him.  This was one of those moments that makes you want to multiply like rabbits.  While I rocked him he just smiled and babbled at me.  His eyes were sleepy and he was struggling to keep them opened.  When he'd catch himself falling asleep he'd open wide and smile and say ma-ma.  Of course I rocked him a bit longer than normal.....he totally steals my heart every day.


Puppy....puppy....puppy no more humans.

Saturday night was porch time.  The hubs and I love sitting on our porch when the kids are down for the night.  We just chat away the time.  I enjoyed wearing a hoodie with my shorts.  I'm seriously ready for fall now.

Football note:  My Pack (NCSU) barely got by the Richmond Spiders. Since we don't have ESPN 3 I had to rely on Twitter for my updates.  Seriously, ya'll my Pack has to get their head in the game for next week against those Clemson Tigers (now say Clemmmm-sonnnn Ty-gahs like I do).

*Sunday*

I got to sleep in an hour and a half!  Isn't that sentence enough for Sunday?  It was great.  We had grits, scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast.  Yummy - breakfast is my favorite meal.

Finally back to church!  We had missed two Sundays in a row - the first due to the birthday party and homecoming at the church we are actually members of and the second due to strep throat.  (Share love not germs)...  Anyhoo it was a great message from Pastor Dana on the book of Jeremiah and it really fit with current times.  I love it when you can make the correlation of back in the day with what is going on in this ridiculous world today.  

After church we were pretty lazy.  The Diva went with her Nana to school and the Little Man eventually went with them to get ice cream.  My brother dropped by.  I took the grandma to Walmart....

And we played outside!

Attack daddy!


"And so I just knew I had to..."



Dinner was chicken noodle soup (subconsciously beckoning for fall I do believe).

I was proud of myself for having lunch packed before the day the lunch will be eaten!

It was a great weekend.  I hope yours was too.















No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!