Saturday, September 14, 2013

What's For Dinner?



This week we felt the hurt of a heart that has experienced loss.  Some friends of ours unexpectedly lost a loved one.  I don't know about you but when I think of those close loved ones I have lost in this life I am saddened but also reminded of some of the light moments that happened during those days of mourning.  Nearly all include something to do with food.

When my grandmother died we got the best food on earth delivered.  Including....five million ham biscuits.  Ok maybe it was more like 4.5 million.  Now when I say ham biscuits I am referring to country ham (you know the kind your doctor really wants you to stuff yourself with?)...

We ate these things for breakfast (alone).

We ate them for lunch (with tomato).

We ate them for snacks (alone or with tomato).

We ate them for dinner (as a side to the fried chicken that came by the masses).

Another food we got that we became territorial over?  Home made oatmeal cream pies.  HOLY SMOKES!  Those things are divine.  


We also got other well meaning dishes that could not be identified and therefore not put in our mouths.  Honestly, for fear we'd be joining our loved one if ingested.

I guess the moral of this little story is this:  The passing leaves a pain in your heart and worry in your mind.  But mixed into that bowl of sadness is a sprinkle of laughter, a few tablespoons of happy, and a cup of knowing that in time it will be okay.  

xoxo

*******

So what are we eating?


1.  I have a recipe to share from one of my blog readers.  

Ms. Donna sent me a recipe that I am so totally excited to share and eat up myself.  If you love chili then c'mon!

Ms. Donna says: 
Here's my "recipe" for the chicken chili 

4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (boiled and diced)
3-4 cans of Great Northern Beans
1 can of Rotel
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup red onion diced
1/2 cup green pepper diced
1 teaspoon chili powder
Bag of Pepper Jack Cheese



Put it all in the crock pot and let 'er rip. I'm guessing low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. I can tell you Brownie's family is eating this up this week. She also said its good with nachos or corn bread.

2. Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas!

I have to have some Southwestern/Mexican food once a week or I may perish. I found {this} great recipe at Cafemom.com! Sorry no picture to share.

Baked Ravioli - a regular in my weeknight dinner rotation. So good. And literally took us 3 minutes to put together. This recipe rocks.

3.  {Baked Ravioli!}   
Only four ingredients!  YES!

And finally a super easy....super fast.....super non original go to for the week:

4.  SLOPPY JOES!



  Feel free to share with me your go to meal and I'll put your recipe on my blog as well!

Happy Eating (and game watching)!

GO PACK!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!