Thursday, April 30, 2015

I think thoughts and things

Linking up with Meagan & Joey today...as usual.

I think....



My marriage has been totally strained lately.  The husband started the new job a month ago and that's all fine and dandy but he has been doing side work that takes him totally away from the kids and myself.  I'm not cool with that.  If he doesn't have the balls to tell people no then I can do it easier than taking candy from a baby.  #watchout

The next book I am reading.

Home school and private school have been running racing through my mind lately.  I'm not impressed with public schools at this point and it makes me sick to see how kids are being dumbed down and teachers aren't allowed to really teach.  If I win the lottery my kid will never ever go back to public school.  #thatsjustsad

Yay for me getting a summer schedule together for the kiddos and myself.  I'm very pleased.  My hubby even got our vacation booked.  #party


Today I start a new Women's Bible Study at the awesome church I attend.  I always get anxious before I go!!!  I know it will be warm and welcoming but its that first day jitter....Who will be there?  Will they like me?  #middleschoolinyourthirties

Image result for roller skating for the first time


So I donned a pair of roller skates on Monday.  The PTO has a fundraiser type event monthly at the local skate rink.  Look ya'll....this girl didn't grow up on wheels (unless you count a bike) and I'm just not coordinated and extremely afraid to let myself "glide and push" as Jennifer said.  BUT my kid asked me to and I did it!  So I'm proud!  Oh and I got a work out being all tensed up on wheels!  Tuesday I was sore!  #icanlaughatmyself

I am ready to dodge this one horse town for a while.  May is tomorrow and I've got the itch to embrace late spring and get into the great outdoors.  #camp

That new caramel crunch frap at Starbucks is awesome.  No, I haven't purchased one but I did try Jennifer's and holy calories it was sooooo wonderful.  However, I just ordered my regular Iced Skinny Caramel Macchiato.  #tryingtokeepitincheck

throw back 2009....l

Officially have decided to grow my hair out.  Yep, after cutting it the shortest ever I decide to grow it out.  My hairdresser said she would support me in this endeavor.  Love ya Lizz!  #hairtherapy

I really hoped to plant a garden this year but the window is quickly leaving me.  I guess I can do a late summer garden and spend all my free time watering it.  #southernheat #matertime

lol yeah that's not ours!


I cannot wait to do some camping posts in the near future.  I'm going to dumb down camping so much that a puggle could do it.  Just watch.  #lovetocamp

You are so incredibly fabulous and I hope your day is half as wonderful as you are.


10 comments:

  1. Rock those roller skates! I used to be able to roller skate, but I think if I tried now it would be a disaster. For reals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to be able to skate, I promise. I'm just too nervous!!!! Thanks for coming by girl! xo Amanda

      Delete
  2. Visiting from the link up! I'm a few years away from having children and a few years more away from sending them to school but making that decision is such a daunting task! My boyfriend and I have briefly discussed it a few times and there's so much to consider. I was really fortunate to go to great public schools (I'm from a small town on the East Coast of Canada) and he started off in private school and then switched to public school but now wishes his parents wouldn't have let him switch. Education is definitely a topic with a lot of views and a lot of possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will admit when I was in school (public) it was way better than 2015! The teachers actually got to teach us! What a novel idea, right? Now it seems school is about everything but what the kids need, sad stuff! So thrilled you dropped by and commented! Have a fabulous day! xo Amanda

      Delete
  3. I rocked roller skates for my kid too - and I will only do it for that reason alone - I am not a wheel person!

    I am with you with the public school thing, and it is very sad - but the only private schools we have for elementary school is this little Catholic School - and I've heard horror stories.Maybe come Middle School I can get him into nice private school.

    And love the throwback pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I just say you have the coolest name ever! I'm not kidding are you a secret agent?
      The things we do for our kids right? At least I didn't break anything!!! Yeah, with you on the private schools. We don't have a Catholic one here but we have some very questionable ones where the girls taught to be quiet and stupid if you catch my drift. Thanks for coming by! xo Amanda

      Delete
  4. #middleschoolinyourthirties okay this hashtag had me rolling!! hope your bible study goes well :) happy thursday to you friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you saying #besthashtagever....???? LOL The Bible Study went ok....I nearly fell out. Next time I'll pump myself up on caffiene and have a snack PRIOR TO! Happy Thursday to you, beautiful! xo Amanda

      Delete
  5. Starting tomorrow it's Frap happy hour at Starbcucks! I can't wait to try the Smores one! :) And you do win the award for best hashtag ever! I feel that way to in new situations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have to try the new smores frap, solo bad for you yet soooo good!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!