Tuesday, April 7, 2015

SLA {Silly Little Addictions}



Currently, I'm an addict of Southern Charm (Mondays 10PM, Bravo).

Via Bravo


So it is to be one of those "reality shows" but c'mon ya'll....really.  Annnnnnnt, it isn't.  It can't be.  But I still love it.

For those of you who are like, what is this?  Let me give you the run down.

Seven people in the Charleston, SC area are being filmed.  This year the big deal is Katherine (redhead on far right) and her baby daddy (next to her in the picture) Thomas (Ravenel, who thought he could take on Lindsay Graham for the SC senate seat....bahahahahaha that's comedy.  Check out his felonies!!!)

Here's the deal with those two jokesters....

via bravo

1.  Katherine is like 20.  Ok wait she's more like 22 or 23 or maybe, just maybe 24.  She appeared as an oddity last season and of course old T-Rav's man parts started to pointing to her.  I feel bad for Katherine.  She's super young, now has a baby by this 52 year old freak show, and is trying so hard to grow up so fast.  Of course she also put herself in that row boat so....work those arms girl.

via google

2.  Thomas is 52 or 67. I keep forgetting.  He's the apitme of a Southern White Man stereotype.  He's old south money, he treats women like show ponies, and he's in love with himself.  Every time that geezer is on camera I want to vomit.  The only thing he has going for him is his accent.  Total Charleston accent there....I do like that.

And the rest of the cast.....

via bravo

3.  Cameran is the adorable blonde in the middle girl spot.  Ok let me just fess up.  That's my girl crush.  I loved that chick when she was on MTV (a million years ago) and she's awesome in this show too.  She is spunky and funny and I adore the way she can put those guys in their place in a heartbeat.

via google

4.  Whitney (and now I go back to hating).  I feel like Whitney is secretly in a closet and that frustrates me because I want to be like it is 2015 dude get out of the closet be gay its fine.  I really feel like he is and he's playing this stupid i have a girlfriend card that is a bunch of smoke and mirrors.  If he's not hiding his sexuality then he's missing a prime chance to explore himself a little more.  Oh no that sounds bad.  OK I don't like Whitney because I feel like he's in a closet and not man enough or woman enough to come out.  I also don't like him because he belittles and looks down on a lot of people and well seriously.....you may have money but you are missing out on everything else bo'.  (Crap, I didn't point him out....he's the 3 piece suit dude, smack dab in the middle.)

via bravo



5.  Landon is the first chick you see on the left.  I can't stand her voice.  Whereas I do not like T-Rav but love his voice....I do not care for Landon and I hate her voice.  She's supposed to be from Georgia but she's made Valley Girl Voice her life.  Like, oh my god, let's go to GAP, let's get vegan cafe lattes with a vodka and xanax for lunch.  She giggles and I'm not sure if her eyes actually open.  Her big thing is she's divorced from some Clueless actress's sloppy seconds and she's moved to Charleston to live on a boat.  What?  The girl is very pretty and hopefully she's smarter than she sounds.

via google
6.  Shep mmm.  Ok so where Cameran was my girl crush, Shep is my boy crush.  Seriously, ladies.  He is h-o-t!  He's a Sullivan's Island guy I think.  I don't care he's pretty.  He's really pretty.  Oh he's the one in the navy shirt and pants and white jacket.  He loves the beach and beer and playing outside.  He's just All American.  I think the laid backness is the big pull in.  He's building a house and living in a beach house with Whitney (ewww I'd scratch his eyes out) while it is being built.

via instagram

7.  Craig, slicked back hair boy beside T-Rav.  He's just a kid.  This year his issue is he's a slacker....he doesn't work and he has no trust fund (bless his heart) and Cameran is really worried about him.  I haven't got to know this character because I feel like we haven't really got into that one yet.  There's something about him you can't help but like (if you ignore his arrogance).  I think he can be easily steered into being whatever boy he needs to be in the moment.


So whatever, I'm slightly addicted to this show.  Probably because its Southern and so am I.  Probably because its Charleston and I love some Charleston.  Probably because its so dumb that you have to give it a chance otherwise you're turning your back on the short bus.....nobody wants to do that, now.

DVR it and laugh.


1 comment:

  1. I have been told on several occasions that I need to check out this show!! Guess I will add it to the DVR :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!