Thursday, April 2, 2015

I Think Thoughts & Stuff {Easter Ed.}

Here we go....

I think...

*Easter is my favorite holiday aside from Thanksgiving.  Honestly, it is because my little family of four has the day to ourselves.  I grew up having those holidays with the entire family (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc) and that was really special but times are different and those that meant so much have moved on to heaven.  I think that is what makes our little holidays so special.  #newmemories

Yeah I think that's Satan Bunny holding your baby

*The Easter Bunny is stupid.  I never really fell for the idea of a ginormous rodent bringing me candy.  (Sorry, mom.) Santa I can deal with, he's a magical human, but c'mon a rabbit?  If you think about it its creepy.  I mean its like Stephen King or something.  Have you ever really looked at an Easter Bunny costume?  Freakiest thing in the world.  Yeah no bunny.  #freak

*Food is like the centerpiece of all holidays and my favorite Easter meal....ok I haven't had it in 10 years because my Mammaw Nancie passed away a couple months after Easter 2005.  She was the most amazing cook (southern).  Ham, turkey, roast beef, mashed potatoes, greens, deviled eggs, bread, macaroni and cheese, cherry yum yum, coconut cake, chocolate pie.  I think I gained ten pounds mentally reliving it.  #missingher

Image result for sunrise service meme
Sunrise service on the plains!

*I have never participated in a Sunrise Service.  Though at this point in my life I'm normally up already thanks to a two year old so....{chill out honey, we're going to the 9:30 as usual}.  #jesuslovesmeanyway

Pretty sure I had some poses like that from back in the day....I'll dig those out sometime.  Note:  Mine are 80s/90s not 40s.  I just love retro pics

*Easter Dress shopping when I was little girl was a major to-do.  I remember spending a day looking at dresses and trying them on and breaking for lunch at K&W.  When you finally found the right dress you then started looking for the tights, shoes, and bow to go with it.  I remember one year I got a little purse to carry.  #bigdeal

Chowan River in NC....I have a funny story for that one....and I caught the biggest fish I ever in my life!

*My favorite Easter memory of all time:  I cannot remember how old I was but I know I was in elementary school.  We had ate our divine lunch at Mammaw & Pappaw's house, hid and found the eggs, and were pretty much ready to crash and burn.  Instead of doing that we grabbed our fishing rods and went across the road to a grown over pond and fished the afternoon.  I loved it.  Fishing is one thing I have really always loved to do.  It was the one thing my dad took me to do on occasion when I was a little girl.  In college it was safe to assume that I spent 70% of my time away from class and work on a riverbank or in a boat.  We fished everywhere.  I loved every second of it.  I know those days are gone and the fun that surrounded those minutes in the boat.  But I am so glad I had those times.  #daysgoneby

Image result for peeps are gross
You cannot destruct one of those things....omg nasty.

*And last.....peeps are disgusting and disturbing.  When my kids eat them I feel the need to gag. #vomit






Beautiful Things

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Easter Dress shopping was a major deal. Had to find all the right pieces for your ensemble. These days I am lucky to have anything that matches! :) Have a great Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree about the Easter Bunny costume!! There is nothing cute about it!! The eyes are always evil!! Have a happy Easter with your sweet family!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!