Wednesday, April 8, 2015

What's up Wednesday!?!

what's up wednesday




what i am reading

marauders_final

 The Marauders, by Tom Cooper.  I didn't set out to find this book.  It seriously grabbed me off the shelf at the local library (I'm a tightwad, I don't buy books).  This book is about the bayou post BP oil spill but guys...it doesn't do much talking about that.  It is based around six characters that are very, very colorful.  Life basically sucks after the oil spill and treasures are all they have to hold on to.  Treasures though....can mean a lot of things.  This is a criminal fiction book.  I love it.  


what i am reminiscing about


My sweet girl enjoyed t-ball....after a game waiting on a slushie.

Coaching t-ball.  Last spring I had a blast coaching a little group of 3-6 year olds.  They had no idea what was going on and to watch these little people morph from standing the wrong way at the batter's box to actually hitting it and running the bases correctly....made me feel good.  Unfortunately, the local Parks & Rec department has basically shut down and they no longer offer t-ball, softball, or baseball.  It seriously breaks my heart.  I grew up on those Parks & Rec fields having a ball playing softball.  I hate that now its all business and privatized.  I'm not cool with that.  I'm a hippie, ok?


what i'm loving

that it is spring break....need I say more?  this is the teaser for summer break!  it will make next week a bit more difficult but thrilling, just knowing that we're that much closer to water, SPF, and fruity drinks!

what we've been up to




yard work, house work....we're still getting things all settled around the house.  
getting used to the hubby's new job....he's training during the day and I must say these hours rock!

what i am dreading

Eventually the hubby will be on his regular schedule.  I'm kinda dreading that one.  
Paying bills...its just sad.

what i am working on



planning my garden :) 

what i am looking forward to

hopefully a date night in the near future....hopefully!  this is the first month we haven't had a mini getaway planned.  i miss my husband and i just having some time to ourselves, uninterrupted, nice time.

what i am excited about

 warm weather is here and i love it so much!  very excited about that.  i cannot wait to pack away the winter coats!  i keep telling myself i will do it next week.

what i am watching



if you read regularly then you know i posted on it yesterday....southern charm!  and the real housewives of nyc started back last night so let's go ahead and add that one to the mix.  bethany is back....should be good?  oh and A.D. I tuned into that last week.

what i am listening to


Little Big Town's Girl Crush song....I like how they call it a modern day Jolene.  Really, that's all that has caught my ear except for a Mickey Mouse/Goofy version of Sam Hunt's song.  Click here  you'll laugh!

what i'm annoyed about

not having grass in my yard yet.  ok breathe its only early april....

what i am hoping for

to be able to book our vacation/camping trips at some point in the next thirty days.  that would be nice.  :)
seeing my ashley and her boys in a couple weekends.
more porch time
















1 comment:

  1. That books sounds really good, I may have to add it to my Goodreads. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!