Monday, April 27, 2015

SLA: Younger



I fell off the bandwagon for House of Cards.

It wasn't a choice but more of a "my Netflix isn't working on my Samsung Smart TV anymore."

(Yeah, I'm so not impressed with anything Samsung these days.)

To be honest, I haven't really been watching much of anything.  Okay, except for RHONYC.  Betheny is back, how can I not watch?

Generally, the televisions are set to Disney, DisneyJr, Nick, NickJr.  Not because I'm some MM Clubhouse fiend or because I have a closet addiction with Sponge Bob.  Just because my house harbors two small beasts that like animation and very odd shows (have you even seen a snippet of Uncle Grandpa?).

One day while trying to find some kid show my son likes I stumbled upon TV Land.  If you're like me you think of TV Land not as a channel you would purposefully select to watch.  I'm just being honest!  I love the shows of my childhood but let me be honest, I don't think I could sit through them now.  Hot in Cleveland never appealed to me.  I think the closest I ever came to watching it was when Heather Dubrow of RHOC guest appeared on it and they showed snippets on RHOC.  

This one day, while trying to find my kid's show, TV Land totally grabbed my attention and squeezed it so hard.  Irony right?



Not going to lie.  What pulled me in is Hillary Duff.  I have always been a Hillary Duff fan.  I think she's gorgeous and seems to not be a Hollywood Beotch (then again she could be the worst).  So maybe TV Land is on to something, they're grabbing my age group with a new show with a cast of my peers in age.  (Which is probably why Hot In Cleveland did nothing for me.)

Love Hilary Duff in these boyfriend jeans! A perfect addition for the spring or summer. Watch Hilary Duff in Younger at 10/9C on TV Land. Watch the latest episode at http://www.tvland.com/shows/younger.

Hillary's character, Kelsey, is not the main character in this show.  (I know, right?  I was like she's got to be.  But she's not.)  She's a work driven, publishing company chick with a douche boyfriend. She also becomes a close friend of the main character, Liza.

The main character is Tony Award winning actress named Sutton Foster.



She was in a show called Bun Heads.  Ummm....yeah whatever, never heard of it and I don't think I want to.  This is the main character....Liza.  She's 40 and has a teenage daughter who is studying abroad in India.  Liza is newly divorced, well almost she says they are too poor to get divorced.  Her husband gambled their life away pretty much.  Now she's lost her house, her kid is across the sea, and she cannot seem to get a job.  Reason?  Ageism.  So after a guy compliments her and tells her she looks young (like 20s) she gets an idea to become....Younger.  With the help of her best friend she morphs herself into a trendier, younger version of the woman she is.  Then she gets a job, a guy, and a new set of friends.  However, she has to reinvent her whole life to keep up with her age lie. There's your synopsis, lovely reader.

This lady is so pretty!  But while I watch the show I'm thinking....she doesn't look 26, maybe 34 but not 26.  However, you have to love her.  She's a good actress even when I can tell she's reading a script.



Debbie Mazer is Liza's (the main character) best friend, Maggie.  Maggie is the shows lone lesbian and she's also an artist.  Liza moves in with Maggie once her house is sold. A lot of her lines will have you giggling your head off.  This chick has been in so many TV shows and movies.  She's a good addition to this set.

OH and here's your eye candy for the show......

Tell everyone you have plans tonight. Watch back-to-back episodes of Younger starting at 10/9C! Click for a sneak preview!


Yes....he's cute.  This is Liza's PYT (pretty young thing), Josh.  He's a tattoo artist and basically makes Liza and the whole viewing population melt.  He's sweet, romantic and very easy to look at.



We cannot forget the beotch, there's always a major beotch in shows like this.  This show has Diana, played by Miriam Shor.  Diana is Liza's boss at the publishing house.  I think the hairstyle says it all.  You'll feel sorry for her and want to scratch out her eyeballs all at one time.

I binged on this show a week ago.  I had DVR'd it and boy did I fly through it.  The creators of Sex & The City created this show and they totally leave their signature on it.  If you're between 26 and 55 I think you'll appreciate this take on women, ageism, and fitting in.

Check it out on TV Land, Tuesdays @ 10PM.  

PS - I just found out its been renewed for a second season!!!!  :)  Happy!

#youngertv







4 comments:

  1. Oh this looks awesome!! I totally feel the cartoons in the house! We don't watch anything but cartoons. I do get to watch my shows when Jagger is at school and Hudson finally takes a nap!! I will for sure have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I totally understand the cartoon thing. With a seven and two year old I'm in the same boat. DVR this show!!!! Tomorrow 10PM TV Land. Just set it up to DVR every week. Plus its very short, if you FF through the ads then its only 10-15 minutes total show. xo Amanda

      Delete
  2. This sounds really good! We don't have cable or I'd totally check it out. Gotta admit, I love Hillary Duff too! I haven't seen her in anything in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, how can I get these episodes to you is the question burning my brain now! I think I like how Hillary Duff doesn't come across as a washed up ex starlet. She's got some class about herself. Thanks for coming by Caitlin! Have a great day (and drink that coffee girl!) xo Amanda

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!