Thursday, April 23, 2015

I Think Stuff & Things

So I was thinking....


*Last night a friend posted on FB she was suffering from Baby Fever.  After the afternoon I had with my first baby (now 7) and not being able to sleep a full night thanks to second baby (now 2) I decided she is insane.  She needs my two for a weekend.  Yes, Heather, I'm talking to you.

*I took a mental health day.  It involved Starbucks and the book I just finished and a two hour Target trip.  Go on with your baby fever.  When you enjoy Target for two hours because you realize you're alone and can actually LOOK at stuff and TRY STUFF ON it is an amazing day.

*My friend Keileigh is about to pop with her third child.  God bless her.  But she's so freakin' cute pregnant.  I'm going shopping for her this weekend.  What aisle can I find sanity pops and margaritas for the mommy?


*Seriously, kids are wonderful....before they develop habits that prevent you from sleeping and enjoying life.  And after they have graduated college.  That's a big window of, in between, making antidepressant commercials or AA posters.

*I did not partake in the Lilly at Target madness.  I was excited but on Sunday I as blah.


*Currently, booking our first camping trip of the year.  I'm a small bit excited.

*Yesterday I spent an hour as a pest exterminator.  It is amazing what a role of tin foil and masking tape can do.  If you read my Monday post then you know what I am referring to.

*Yes, the blog looks different.  Yes, I failed to do a Tasty Tuesday Post.  Yes, I'm in some type of limbo with what I'm going to do with the blog.  I want to learn more about making my blog something new.  I've been doing this for like 2.5 years solely because I love to write and share.  Maybe one day I'll figure out exactly how to take it to the next level.


*My grandma is dying.  It sucks.  OK so yes she's been dying for a while since you know she's an 88 year old and well they aren't really in the whole gonna get another 25 years.  Her struggle with Alzheimer's has been overwhelming and a passion of mine is education and getting science the money needed to make progress in getting rid of this evil disease.  You see this in my Mini Posts on Alzheimer's (post 1, post 2, post 3).  I'm building a team for The Walk To End Alzheimer's on October 31st, 2015.  I'll have more info up soon but if you're in NC I have a spot for you.  If you're out of NC you can sponsor us.  The truth is every person reading this blog has been, is being, or will be affected by Alzheimer's and that's just not acceptable.

*And finally, you're smile is so pretty.  I think I need to make you do it again:

Meghan



  






4 comments:

  1. Your mental health day sounds wonderful... sometimes you just need to treat yourself! And that dog photo is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am! I plan to do this weekly to check out so I can check in on me! Thank you for dropping by. I enjoyed visiting your blog!

      Delete
  2. I am the only one of my friends that doesn't have baby fever. My husband and I thought we were ready for them this year, but nope, definitely next year or further down the line. I am looking forward to being a mom one day but we are just enjoying life together. mY best friend has 3 kids and even though we are two totally different places in life, we find common ground are there for each other.

    I"m so sorry about your grandmother. Alzheimer's is such a bitch of a disease it makes me so mad. I wish we had a cure, so badly. <3 to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sisterhood right? It trumps so much. Thank you for the love! Hate that disease. I enjoyed your post today!

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!