Thursday, April 2, 2015

Prayer Challenge: Luxuries in Disguise!


Yesterday I spent my day doing wonderful, luxurious things like....spring cleaning.

What?

Seriously!  That is luxurious!

You know why?

Because I have a home to clean.

Because I have a new and glorious season to enjoy.

Because I have two small children who made a joke of my cleaning just hours after it was completed.

Because I have a husband who makes piles of things (clothes mainly).

Because I have the ability to work my bones and muscles to do tasks.

Because I have a dog that sheds and loves me unconditionally.

Because of grace my cleaning wasn't really a task but a little gift that so many others do not have.  As I cleaned I thought about a mom who lost her baby.  While I folded my children's clothes my heart broke for her.  She would probably love to trade places with me right now.  While I wiped down counters I thought of people who don't have water readily available to use.  Doing the floors I thought of those whose floors are dirt.  While using antimicrobials I thought of those who cannot even get a vaccination for a disease we haven't seen or worried about in ages.  While sorting my husband's piles I thought of a widow, maybe my own age whose husband never made it home from Iraq or Afghanistan.

Little bits of grace all around me while I rid my house of dust bunnies.

Thank God for the things you don't find luxurious (like cleaning, filling up the tank, a trip to the urgent care for an after-hours visit).  They are tiny bits of grace bestowed on you.  Thank Him.





1 comment:

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!