Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Tasty Tuesday: Confess, Quinoa, April Menu



Well I have to fess up.

I screwed up Easter lunch.


I woke up at 6:30 AM on Easter Sunday to whip it all up.  Why?  So that when we got home from church, around 11, we could go ahead and devour our meal.

The meal:  ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, deviled eggs, parker house rolls, cheesecake.

I decided I would do what my Mammaw used to do.  I'd leave it in the oven on a very low temp so it would be warm when we got home.

Oh maybe it was too high of a temp.

Oh maybe I failed to remember how she left the oven door ajar.

Oh no.


The ham....was 50/50 - 50% great  50% jerky.

The mashed potatoes.....were baked mashed potatoes.

The beans were safe.

The eggs sat in the fridge away from harm.

The rolls were great.

The cheesecake was perfect.  


Ya'll I love some ham and mashed potatoes.  I just don't like them jerky-fied and I hate my mashed potatoes baked!

***

Today, I'm sharing a Pinterest recipe that rocked.  I made this a couple weeks ago (no burning or over baking here).  I don't want to be like, ooohhh this is so healthy....but its not the worst possible casserole you could make.  It actually has a really good flavor.  We enjoyed it immensely!


Shrimp & Quinoa Casserole
Mmmmmm so good.


****

April Menu


This week:

Taco Night
Lemon Chicken with Asparagus
Burgers
Skinny Shrimp Alfredo Pasta Bake

April 13

Lasagna & Salads
Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Chicken Enchilada Bake
Salmon


April 20


Italian Pork Chops
Kabob Me Nots
Grill Pizza
Mexican Casserole

April 27

Brats
Grilled Pasta Primavera
Sloppy Joes
Cobb Salads





1 comment:

  1. lol...I am cracking up over this! Isn't it crazy how we have in our head that a meal will turn out perfect and then it goes haywire! or at least for me it does! That shrimp quinoa looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!