Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Tasty Tuesday



No recipes this week but I am sharing my March Menu Snapshot.  Once again I sat down to plan an idea menu for the month so I'm not scrounging for ideas when its time to go to the Teeter (haha that sounds funny ya'll....its Harris Teeter....ok you can tell I spend wayyy too much time around teenagers).

March in NC tends to be a bit chemically imbalanced. On Monday it may be 40 degrees and Tuesday 78 degrees.  Trust me after 33 years here I am pretty used to it...though I do spend many minutes in prayer that the 78 will stay forever.

With the weather being mentioned March is when I do two things (food wise):

1.  Stop the heavy foods.  Goodbye comfort foods, we don't need you, its warming up we need lighter fair so we can get outside and have fun.....not be drooling on our couch pillows.

2.  Hello GRILL!  (AKA HUBBY COOKS)


So cute, via....

When I plan a menu I always take into account the calendar.

How many days are in the month that I will actually be expected to cook....this time about 20-24.  I don't schedule a meal for Wednesdays because we eat on the way to church.  I also try to skip a weekend day because we generally order out.

Week 1 (Happy March!  Spring is coming!)

Crab Cakes 
Sausage & Corn Chowder from Mix & Match Mama
Lasagna 
Burgers to celebrate the arrival of anti cold weather!!!



Week 2 (Happy Anniversary to my hubby & I)

Slow cooker Greek chicken pitas
Pineapple Pork Sandwiches (crock pot meal) with smiley fries because the kids love 'em!
Cajun Chicken Pasta
Grilled Salmon with mushrooms and asparagus (we kinda love it)



Week 3 (Happy St. Patty's Day!)

Cajun Shrimp & Quinoa
Chicken Caeser Salad Wraps
Stuffed Chicken Marsala  (such a pretty dish!)
Taco Night!



Week 4  (Spring is here!!!!)

All American Burgers  
Chicken Supreme Pasta Bake
Steak Kabobs
Grilled Salmon (that stuff is off the chain)



Week 5  (April is coming quick!)
Passover begins on Friday at Sundown!
EASTER WEEK!  Look for Easter ideas on the blog for all things food!







4 comments:

  1. Yummy!!! I can't wait to put some of these on our menu!! Thanks for sharing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem! I hate being in that situation where you're going "what can I make?" and I figure there are others who feel the same way!!! So glad to give you some ideas :)

      Delete
  2. Nice! I just started meal planning! I don't think I could do this for weeks out, but we're trying! I got some great ideas off this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear you got some ideas! That is why I do this... to help us get out of the same thing every week rut! Thank you for coming by!

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!