Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday Favorites: End of Summer!?!?


Momfessionals


It is really hard to believe summer is rolling up and moving out.  I feel like we were just celebrating Memorial Day Weekend and now we've blinked and Labor Day is upon us.  Sure, there will be more 80+ degree days where I live but all too soon my mom's pool will be closed and the evenings will find me in a sweatshirt.  I must admit...I do enjoy the fall but the summer is my favorite.


So lets celebrate the end of summer (unofficially) with five things I've loved about this summer....

1.  The Beach




This summer we visited a new beach - Ocean Isle - and had a great time.  We feel like its our new go to spot for the family trip.  The kids had a ball and it was hard to leave after our five days were over.  Oh well...we'll see it again soon!

2.  The River


We didn't get out on it as much as we would have liked but now that we have the option to go when we can it was great.  Very peaceful and fun....a lot of memories from back in my college days came back to my mind!  Of course tubing sucks so its kayak only now.

3.  Camping



Most of our camping this year will be done in the fall.  I guess we won't miss it too bad since its getting ramped up.  But I still associate camping with summer!

4.  Pool time


Since my mom is a teacher she'll try to shut her pool down very soon after this post goes live.  I hate it when the pool closes up for the year.  I really love swimming and hanging out by the pool.  Its a good tool for the kids too....and wears them slap out!  

5.  Summer

Truly, it is the BEST season because you can run around half naked....ok shorts, tank top and barefoot, in your back yard.  You can catch lightning bugs or a buzz while gazing at the stars (seriously, did that).  You get extended day time (perhaps the best part!).  I think its safe to say that summer makes you feel young no matter how old you may be.  Summer time is freedom and fun and unforgettable moments.

It has been a great summer.

Now get me a PSL and drop the temp about fifteen degrees so I can try to feel festive for fall.... <wink>

Have a lovely long weekend!




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for a summer post!! I love summer and this one was a great one! Looks like y'all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!